Requested Features for CrystalControl

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaZ

new option?

I have my LCD powered Via the same cable as the backlighting. Is it possible to get an option to turn off the display when crystal control is exited. What I mean is I know the LCD cant be truned off but what about an optional command on exit that would set contrast and blacklighting to 0, instead of having the display be blank and lit. Is this possible?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

bolaji

Addition to the coder's list from hell

As recommended by a forum moderator, I'm adding my .02 in the correct thread. Most have been covered from what I've read:

-Big clock display
-The sweet demo featues shown in Win Test.
-Possibility to show cpu temp/clock frequency
without having to run MBM?
-Lots of pre-made images for those of us not
intelligent enough to know how to use Win Test.
:)
-Easily configurable start up/splash screen

Other than these, i believe most of the features worth value are in the latest version of crystal control, which says a lot for the work that must have already been put into this program, thanks guys.

ike

i'm not sure if this has been said but i'm pretty sure it hasn't from looking briefly through...

i leave my computer on all the time. if i leave crystalcontrol open, it will (i assume) keep the LCD screen & backlight turned on. what would be nice is a feature that is sort of like the "turn off monitor after x minutes" option in windows, that is, after a certain amount of inactivity, the LCD screen (or at least the backlight (or hey, how about options for screen & backlight or backlight only!:))) would turn off. i know that leaving it on all the time likely wouldn't be a problem but i'm always paranoid about that sort of thing, and there's no reason for it anyway :)

Zaxtor

I would like to see some support for more games, like BattleField 1942, and Unreal Tournament 2003...

Also, I would like that "time on server" thingie to work on Q3(RA) too. Since that's sort of what makes a person good on the RA mod (Frags per minute).

Other than that, crystalcontrol is great! :D

Lieven

Animations between screens!!!!

I think the most needed option in CC is animated screen changes, like the beautiful ones in jaLCD. ( which is a great program by the way, it's got very nice winamp VU meters and spectrum analyser and nice animations using custom chars... check it out!)

work your magic admin!! you rock

Kow

AUSSIE WEATHER !!!!!!!! please ... Forecast and maybe weather warnings?

Last edited:

mbono

Using the "red characters" in CrystalControl

Is it currently possible, or can it be implemented to display the "red characters" (those previously used as control signals in older LCDs) with Crystal Control? The manual says you need to send a special sequence first but I still can't get the first column of red characters to display on my 632, even with the ~character number here~ method.

lysine

Hotkey to turn off Backlight

I think the software is great as it is. The only option i would LOVE to have is a hotkey to turn the backlight on or off.

Reason 1 : saves my LED from burning out
Reason 2 : helps me sleep

I have to do it manually now which is kind of a hassle...but still it works.

metarinka

would it be possible to do really simple wipes.. you know where when alternating screens. it would like do some sort of transition like diaganol wipe or horizontal wipe..

scuzzy

Hello, just to ellaborate on the "News Headlines", the ability to print text from a web document, eg, createing a simple text document, either XML tags or some other kind of sytem to seperate lines.

and then have have text display features based off the tags in the document, eg bounce, or centered.

jq3k

I'm under a proxy and i have trouble using 110 for POP3, so I use 111

can you add a option for changing which port number incoming emails are ?

and mebbe winamp equalisers :rolleyes:

Azzurri

Please add Battlefield 1942 to the list of games! It has a growing community and I'd love to have that info when I compete in different clan tournaments! (CAL, TWL, etc.)

CF Mark

Administrator
Azzurri said:
Please add Battlefield 1942 to the list of games! It has a growing community and I'd love to have that info when I compete in different clan tournaments! (CAL, TWL, etc.)
Because Battlefield has its own gaming engine, its going to be difficult to work out how to get the information.
Ill see what i can do though... i would also like support for it ;)

keenie

I know a few of us over at OCAU (and others no doubt) would love support for F@H stats like:
User name
Team
current protine name
Work unit progress
rank (team & overall)
total points

scuzzy

CrystalControl Admin said:
Because Battlefield has its own gaming engine, its going to be difficult to work out how to get the information.
Ill see what i can do though... i would also like support for it ;)
http://www.serverquery.com/

maybe the source code from that program might be of some help? i have no idea :)

CF Mark

Administrator
scuzzy said:
http://www.serverquery.com/

maybe the source code from that program might be of some help? i have no idea :)
Thanks... but i looked through the source for that when i first started looking at adding the game server info to CC.
The code in that is horible. I decided it was easier to write my own from scratch then work out how thier code worked.

gods_apprentice

New Feature

I think another good feature for the new version would be the ability to set it so that the backlight turns off between set times. Some of us who have our computer on all the time and have it in their bedroom (yes I know I am a poor student and live in my bedroom as I have no other rooms in the house really). The backlight can be very bright on a night, evne though I have it low enough to look cool and read the text, but not dead bright. So it would be good if it would store what our brightness was, then turn it off between set times, so say 10pm and 8:30am or something.. i think it'd be a cool little feature.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.