Requested Features for CrystalControl

Status
Not open for further replies.

warmonger

What I want more than anything else is the option to install a few pushbuttons to control which screens are playing...

This doesn't seem like it would be too hard, as the input line of the serial connector isn't used, right?

Also I want bargraphs. I need bargraphs. Bargraphs rule. Hehe, seriously though, the option to have bargraphs would be very cool

I have to say that Crystal Control is the best LCD software I've found to date, and it is by far the easiest... I love it.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Monk

Software Requests

Great software, I never knew LCD could be so easy and functional.

One thing I would like would be the ability to read in text from a file so that I can pull in information from certain log files i have.

specifically the abilty to name the file, specify which line or last line, specift the start char and end chars to display.

ie. file(log.txt,line5,col5,8 chars)

How feasable would this be?

cheers for the great software.

sceptic

superb piece od software, thanks!

Wish list:

1) mask on email password (mentioned already i think)
2) Album and artist names and maybe other ID3 tags in Winamp.

cheers :)

CF Mark

Administrator
Wish list:
1) mask on email password (mentioned already i think)
Argh... i knew i forgot somthing on the last version :(

2) Album and artist names and maybe other ID3 tags in Winamp.
Cant do with WA2.
Im thinking about writing a WA3 plugin at the moment tho.

CF Mark

Administrator
Verlon said:
Also, it would be cool if you could make it display certain data from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 (and other games from that engine). For those of us building virtual cockpits, your products are perfect for certain displays (GPS, Radio, and transponder tunings to name a few...).
Hmmm... i would like to add more support for games like this. Car sims is the other im chasing up.

You wouldnt happen to have any information on doing this would you?

kcwiro

Soon to be added I hope =)

Thank you for this excellent piece of software you made. I have found it having just about everything I could ever want to do... and it is still being developed which makes it even better =)

=========================================

My Suggestions if not already said by someone else:

- cpu load in a percent / bar from 0-100% format
(refer to my 'CPU LOAD SCREEN ' Attached the bottom row with all the ÿ represents where I would put the bar if it was there)

- IP address of the current PC
- equalizer like bar for left and right channels in winamp =)
- on system uptime if it could have option to display something like
-XX Days XX Hours XX Minutes XX Seconds or something simular would be good
- Date actualy display the month name, day and year would be nice
- EÿÿÿÿÿF guage bar for drive space / memory / swap

I am a bit touchy on the special characters that need to be used on my 634 9600 Baud version. I would definitely like to volunteer my coding expertise on adding some of these features into...I'm still new to it myself but if anything I know can help you out I am %100 willing to do so.

Thank you for this excellent piece of software that was just what the doctor ordered. Since I have been trying to make my own LCD software for a long time with no real luck due to my lack of the proper knowledge.

anyway...THX a million

I have attached my screens I have made for my LCD take a look ... some could be better but I don't know all the special characters for my 634 9600baud LCD

if you could post them with a little how-to for us newbies to them I would greatly appreciate it =P

============================================
If you used NT LCD from 2 morrow you will see I tried to mimic the best part I enjoyed about that program.

Description of my Screens

CPU LOAD - at the top display of my current CPU % with a few bars on eithe rside for style =). I added the User CPU TIME, and the Priviledged CPU TIM, along with mem % in use and % cpu idle

Operationg System - Displays my windows XP and version number along with my system uptime. (wouldn't mind Uptiem being in XXX days XXX Hours XX Minutes XX Seconds)

TIME - Displays date in XX/XX/XX for ( would like to see Month name, day #, and XXXX Year ) The clock tiem I use military tiem becuase regular old clock just seems so un-techie like =P

SYSTEM SPECS - Motherboard Model, CPU Brand, RAM cas, and my max storage capacity =) I like it becuase people always ask me what my computer is at a lan so I jsut point to my screen that has everythign they wanna know on it =)

Hard DIsk - Displays teh free space on every one of my computers HDD...never knwo when you want to take a quick glance to see if you have enough GB's free to install that 2GB + game =D | EÿÿÿÿÿF | type guage would be nice feature to add here

RAM - Displays the memory total and amount free in KB along with my swap file (wouldn't mind seeing a EÿÿÿÿÿF kind of thing for both of them sicne I was particularly foudn of that part of NT LCD

Fan Status- Displays my CPU / MB fan / chassis fan ... what have you

Temperatures - displays my CPU/MB/Ambient temp in Degrees F along with my Core voltage

Winamp - consistems of song title scrolling on the top, playlist position, Total Track Time, and Remaining time.

Well how you guy like some of my screens... have fun =) Follow up and post some of your own as well too plz :) you might have a design I like as well.

I am a Local in Washington State and love a good lan party drop me a IM or email me (in profile) if you live aroudn here as well and don't mind poelpe from teh net droping by for a visit and some lan party carnage =P

*these Screens were made from my windows XP machine..don't know if all with work on other OS's*
-KC

Attachments

Last edited:

JimK

I know my list has been mentioned, but I just wanted to add my voice to the cry for the following:

NIC KB In/Out, MB a second choice
Degree symbol, if possible
CPU usage in a bar
Large Font (support for us 632 people too, a 2-line big clock is better than nothing)
Local machine IP number
Email pass masking
multiple email accounts
Cure cancer
Rub my back
Give me money.

Yeah, that should just about cover it. :)

dmets

Markus Zehnder WinAmp Menuing Plugin has to be the most significant plug in for LCDs. The ability to interact with the computer via the LCD - not just display the info. If you use a remote control and an LCD - there is simply no better use than controling WinAmp through an LCD.

Make sure CC can work with other programs that control the LCD - I would choose ot run only this plugin over any LCD display software! It is that good. - I must not the Current release Pre5L has a small bug - but just use the older release Prev4 or wait until he fixes it - anytime now.

Dustin

ngreatorex

CrystalControl Admin said:

That is a plugin... it doesnt work via Winamps shared-memory API like CrystalControl does.
Ah I see, couldn't CC have a Winamp plugin that interfaces with the CC program? :D

It does it at the moment, just use the ° (alt+0176 on numpad) character.
The best character to a degree symbol is the superscript 0 which needs binary codes sent which I saw you said is planned for a future version anyway. I don't personally think the 0176 symbol looks like a degree symbol, but it is the closest available at the moment.

TacoMan

ok

well.. about plug-ins.. you could produce some plug-ins for games.. that are made to have the client, output game server info strait to cc.. the process to update game server info manualy is a complete burden.. you have to
1) get the server ip (and probably write it down)
2) exit your game..
3) input the server info
4) get back into your game
5) yell some nasty words cause the server you were going to play in is now full.. or some other act of god..
all the plug-in would have to do.. is get the ip and port from the client.. then send it over to cc.. then cc would output to my lcd screen.. :D another thing is maybe some eye candy on the lcd screens... im a lanner so one of the key reasons i got one was for its cool looks.. like some of the effects on the 632 634 test..
i think cc is great.. :D thanks

Last edited:

Valhalla1

mine have already been said, but just to add another tick mark next to previous suggestions

bar graphs, for things like hdd free space, mem free, etc.

winamp visualization meter

ability to skip email screen unless new email detected, then leave it up until new email is gone

my suggestions :

how about hotkey support so you can hit a key sequence like Windows-key+1 and it holds on the currently showing screen until you hit it again to start cycling, win+2 to cycle thru the screens manually, etc.

some cool pre-made animation stuff as a transition between screens

ping tool - set ip addresses and have the computer ping them and display hotname on lcd and "up" or some other configurateable string if they reply and "down" if not, or something to that effect, to monitor servers

may think of more later when i have a chance to play with it some more

Last edited:

duartix

Zoom Player Support

Zoom Player has an interface that can be used to send messages to a LCD controling program.
Why don't you support it?
We cannot rely on winamp for advanced video playing. If you build a multimedia center you are most sure to get a LCD. Then you will need to use a video player.
Zoom Player has excelent video capabilities while still able to play 99% of audio files. It is a must support!

Thanks for reading.

mikecx

A plugin for AIM. Displays the most current line on the aim window. Be nice to be able to know if you can ignore that late nite IM ding :)

Draw6

:rolleyes: My turn ... hehe

Okay - we all want bargraphs, MSMedia Player support, NT disk space and DLL plug-in ability with the API - yes C++ is fine, actually prefered.

Rotating Banners ? (read from a file)
Current Sound Volume Level?

Actually - just consentrate on getting plug-in support - we'll do the rest :)

You guys are the greatest. Hope you make millions and stay a while. We really like your products.

-=-=-=-

shocker650

Winamp ver. 3

The Crystalfontz program is awesome, but I noticed that Winamp 3 is not suported by this program. Will the updated software be compatiable with Winamp 3? thanks:)

Status
Not open for further replies.