Requested Features for CrystalControl

Status
Not open for further replies.

reax222

My Wish list.

First some opperability of the built in KB. I would like to use the up and down scroll button to change screens, the check to work with in that screen and the X to back out to change the screen again.

Once the winamp3 plug in is functional, I would like to use the built in KB U/D to change the current track, and the L/R to adjust the volume. Once again accessed by the check button.
The current version of WM3 is not a load on mine and those at my work.

Seperate Illumination control for the back light and the KB. This may only be accomplished in hardware, but would still be nice. My KB is always brighter than my screen.

I have switched from smartie, and find the interface of CC alittle more difficult, but adaquite.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

HardwareTaco

hey, been a long time sence iv'e posted any wants... been pretty satisfied with how flexible crystalcontrol has become - made me real happy when i found that button that let me have cc turn off when winamp was running, say hello to those visuals you know... anyway - i'd like a better game server configeration, i mean atleast a drop down menu storing ips - but what i realy wan't is to store all of my server ips in cc, and have different game screens set up... so i wouldn't have to go into cc and configure everything for the a new server... i hope you understand me... from the words of jay and silent bob - "you make that **** work" for which i am very greatful.

Americanfreak

Blinking text would be cool.

What I would really like to see is an easier way to setup some of the more common tags.

Looking under Performance Info I see allot of stuff, but I don't know what half of them are. I know you ( MR CCA ) know what each one does.

I would be happy with something that would say "CPU Load", I then click on it and I'm done...... :D

RealDummy

Im not too sure if this has already been covered but there is free software already available that monitors your pc modem, if your phone has caller line identification, then when you phone rings it displays who is calling, this is incredibly usefull at night when you cant see your phones display in the dark and you dont want to answer the phone to annoying people...

Anyway I just thouht it would be pretty cool i you could have a function that communicates with the modem when you receive a call it interupts whats already on the LCD and displays the persons number or from an address book even the persons name.. I dont know if anyone else would be interested in this but too me I just think it would be incredibly handy rather than just displaying my computers fan speed...

RealDummy

Im not too sure if this has already been covered but there is free software already available that monitors your pc modem, if your phone has caller line identification, then when you phone rings it displays who is calling, this is incredibly usefull at night when you cant see your phones display in the dark and you dont want to answer the phone to annoying people...

Anyway I just thouht it would be pretty cool i you could have a function that communicates with the modem when you receive a call it interupts whats already on the LCD and displays the persons number or from an address book even the persons name.. I dont know if anyone else would be interested in this but too me I just think it would be incredibly handy rather than just displaying my computers fan speed...

Timed Rotation

Allow several screens to be selected and rotated trhough with each screen getting LCD time.

IE; let's say I want to display CPU usage and MBM5 data... I want to be able to display CPU for half of the time (say 10-20seconds) then display MBM5 for 10-20seconds... and repeat.

John

HellBoy

I'd like to see these features in upcoming releases of the CrystalControl software.

* Stats for United Devices (www.ud.com), just like the SETI@home already included
* Network stats - current bandwith in&outgoing, total mb/gb transfered in&out.

A proper working networkstats is what I want the most, though.

swordfisher

RSS Feed Please!!:D :D
Also, support for icq, msn or AOL that outputs last instant message recived (exactly like the email functunality that is already there)

Thanks for the great software!

Steef1983

Is there not a possibility to place short-cuts to pages created? Such as E-mail.
There are now short-cuts to scroll thru the total list but not to 1 specific page.

Also the ability to use more then 1 e-mail adres would be great

MTP

Well it seems the majority of request is for some sort of monitoring to be added for the different distrubuted projects like SETI.

How hard would it be for th "user" to modfiy the "seti" code block to be able to pull data from another dc project folder?

I currently run Distrubuted Folding and its "progress.txt" file looks like this:

Building structure 1 generation 23
49 until next generation
0 generations buffered
Best Energy so far: 10000000.000

First and last lines would be the important ones to show.

Thanks

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
I am closing this thread due to the time now being put into developing CrystalControl V1.xx now being almost zero.

Almost all of the features that have been requested by this thread will be able to be supported by CrystalControl V2 either when its released or in the future by a plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.