Requested Features for CrystalControl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast SS

NEW FEATURE!!!!

I like a lot of the suggestions others have mentioned, but think two of mine might be easy .DLLs:

#1: If the ability to read from a file was available, a .DLL could pull flow calibrations based on voltage received from an inline flowmeter (water cooled over-clocked computer...)

#2: Possible output to an alarm; if MBM reported a temp too high, or water flow was too low, the alarm could save a CPU...(of course, the alarm seems to be crossing over into hardwareland).

#3: Ability to take output from the power supply to read voltage on the 5v and 12v rails and display in set precision (i.e.: 4.73v or 5.12 v). (also may require hardware)

#4: Introduce me to a sweet young thang that will amake my heart sing...(oops...drifting off topic...)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

BigTy

Was there ever an answer on support for folding@home. will it be supported in CC. i woul dlike ot switch causes

Chris Knowles

Not sure if someone has previously suggested this. I would like to see program specific screens. Similar to the microsoft IntelliPoint software, where you can customise your mouse buttons to perform different operations depending on the application that is selected. You already have something similar, when you can select that a winamp screen only appears when winamp is open. I would like something much less specific to winamp, ie. any .exe like in IntelliPoint.

--------
Chris
--------

Americanfreak

I was just looking thru MBM and found that you can put on the OSD the highest and lowest CPU temps, fans speeds,voltages and etc. I myself could use this info to be displayed on my LCD.

I know you get most of the info from MBM.....can I somehow do this now? The command In MBM is <Temp 2 Highest>.....

I think this is a must have in CC. I don't believe that I have seen this in any other LCD software.

CF Mark

Administrator
Americanfreak said:
I was just looking thru MBM and found that you can put on the OSD the highest and lowest CPU temps, fans speeds,voltages and etc. I myself could use this info to be displayed on my LCD.

I know you get most of the info from MBM.....can I somehow do this now? The command In MBM is <Temp 2 Highest>.....

I think this is a must have in CC. I don't believe that I have seen this in any other LCD software.
Ill check.
I think it can be done.

Draw6

Plugin support

I'm still liking the idea of adding plugin support to your cc program. The point being, your valued customers, who like to have it very custom, can write their own ~token~ items and have CC display the information. It would save you an aweful lot of work filling these requests for features as well.

All we gotta do is write a DLL that takes a string as parameter and returns a replacement for it.

I'm working on a model with C++Builder - I just wish I knew how you were parsing your ~tokens~. Mine is kinda flaky. In my model, after the ~token~ string is detected in a line, the token is send to a replace function. The first thing the function does is checks for registered DLLs, then loads each one by one, sending to it the ~token~ in char* format, to be tested/changed, returning either the real data or the ~token~, which is then sent to the next DLL, and finally thru the applications list of internal tests ( if(Token == ~something~) ) and comes out as the real data or an error string [E14] eg.

So far it's working out fine. When I get a bit further, I'd be glad to share the code.

What do you think?

Also - if you're interested, I've done a write up on the 634 model - seems to be drawing attention.
http://www.hobbypages.net/lcdinst.asp

Last edited:

dwai1967

A Thought

How hard would it be to add a plug-in for a tuner card? It would show what channel you're watching or what radio station you're listening to. Also, it could show info such as frequency settings on each channel etc..

Just thought about it because I'm listening to the radio through the tuner card and went to change the station and thought how nice it would be to see the info on the lcd.

Keep up the good work.:cool:

jonnymooshoo

Support for Seetron BPK-000 with a CFAH* Series Display

Please please please!!!! Provide support for a Seetron BPK-000 with a CFAH* Series Display.

My LCD is currently an overpriced paperweight

Foncé

Since I have absolutely no idea how to write plugins for CC, I'm going to see if anyone either has done this or will. I'm looking for a distributed.net plugin (it's similar to SETI@home, but works away at encryption keys [aka, RC5-72]) for CC. Anybody seen one or thought about making one?

zagref

Support for multiple SETI clients

I use an SMP machine and run multiple SETI clients. The software monitors the first client fine, but I can't point it at the second one. If support for that was added I'd be happy as a clam. :)

Skyssx

Support for Folding@Home would be nice. Folding@ is like SETI but you fold proteins for stanford university instead of searching for aliens.

elfbizkit

you guys have prolly already said this somewhere:

game server support for UT2003 - no one plays UT original anymore

NIC in/out's been said many times

Support for Dnetc RC5, folding@home plz

bobb

Re: New Feature

gods_apprentice said:
I think another good feature for the new version would be the ability to set it so that the backlight turns off between set times.
James
You could simply enable your box's ACPI (power mangement) to kick in. That will turn off the light AND the fans noise AND the HDDs whine. OK, if you need the box to keep running while yer asleep... can't help ya there.

bobb

ike said:
i'm not sure if this has been said but i'm pretty sure it hasn't from looking briefly through...

i leave my computer on all the time. if i leave crystalcontrol open, it will (i assume) keep the LCD screen & backlight turned on. what would be nice is a feature that is sort of like the "turn off monitor after x minutes" option in windows

I have a custom LCD module, and its backlight is wired to a relay controlled by the Mobo's Power/Sleep signal, so when my machine goes to sleep, the backlight goes out.

You can accomplish the same thing by configuring your box to go to deep sleep, ACPI S3. That will remove power to the entire LCD module completely. Thanks to CCv1.0, it wakes up properly after a sleep event.

Status
Not open for further replies.