Requested Features for CrystalControl

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoLhaTer

CrystalControl Admin said:

Have you ever thought of the fact that maybe it hasnt been done, because it cant be done?
Information on gaming protocols is VERY limited, and i doubt even knowing that information would allow me to update the game server settings on the fly.
well anythings possible. if everyone always thought like that we would never progress :)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

vodooxo

I just want to say this software is great. It will be better if there is a function that shows the amount of free space left in each harddrive or the percent of free space still available.

aoLhaTer

vodooxo said:
I just want to say this software is great. It will be better if there is a function that shows the amount of free space left in each harddrive or the percent of free space still available.
thats already there under performance info->logical disk

vodooxo

aoLhaTer said:

thats already there under performance info->logical disk
LCD center 2.0 have that function but I can't find that same function under Crystal Control. The software I am referring is Crystal Control, sorry for not making it clear. :)

aoLhaTer

vodooxo said:

LCD center 2.0 have that function but I can't find that same function under Crystal Control. The software I am referring is Crystal Control, sorry for not making it clear. :)
ummm, thats what im talking about
thats what this forums called isnt it
its right there under add new screen
if you dont see it there then its probably not supported under windows 98, only NT/2k/XP

Rom

Thats very odd.

Can you give me an example track name?
Exemple:
If I listen to daft punk - aerodynamic i first get all, then just punk - aerodynamic then just aerodynamic then [E10] then "no-track"...
You understand?

CF Mark

Administrator
As i said... very odd.

Ahhh.... i think i might know why...
Have you got the scrolling winamp titlebar turned on?
So it scrolls the track name in the task bar and other places?

Check that.

aoLhaTer

another addition i just thought of to my winamp suggestion
an alternative to what I said is to have an alternating delay of a huge number or never alternate so that once it got the screen that has skip if winamp isnt running ticked it will stay on it forever (given it has to cycle through the list to get there first)
o yes, also
graphic eqaulizer, graphics equalizer, graphics equalizer! :D
these are totally sweet and seem to be in every other program. Should have different versions to accomodate different size displays

Last edited:

aoLhaTer

i just keep coming up with these things as they come up/happen
i think that the winamp screen should alternate out when winamp is closed. No use in having a non working screen right? :)

Rom

As i said... very odd.

Ahhh.... i think i might know why...
Have you got the scrolling winamp titlebar turned on?
So it scrolls the track name in the task bar and other places?

Check that.

Thanks, it solved my problem! :)

metalhead100

Feature that MUST have gotten Missed!

Feature that MUST have gotten Missed!

Make CC (prog) scroll winning lottery numbers !!!!!.........at least a day BEFORE the drawing .......8o) please please please!

Just a laugh ! great program though ........only one i use now.....It rocks .....Hardware Software and Support! WAY to GO C>F>!

Happy owner of a 634 4 linner backlit to boot!

Now......to change the backlight to blue LEDS 8o)

MetalHead100

aoLhaTer

Re: Feature that MUST have gotten Missed!

metalhead100 said:
Now......to change the backlight to blue LEDS 8o)
this is getting off topic now but is it even backlit with LEDs? I wouldve thought it would be an EL sheet

CF Mark

Administrator
Re: Re: Feature that MUST have gotten Missed!

aoLhaTer said:
this is getting off topic now but is it even backlit with LEDs? I wouldve thought it would be an EL sheet
LEDs.
I dont know how many, but itll be lots of them, ill see if i can find out.

Update:
Theres 70 of them.... good luck changing them all.

Last edited:

Kevin

A must have feature !

The ability to have a screen taken out of the "alternate" option. The ability to only alternate specific screens.

phil

what i'd really like to see added is some kind of automated gamestats system.. i dunno why, but all lcd software with gamestats feature is using qstat and u have to insert the gameserver ip manually.. actually theres nothing bad with qstats but why do u have to insert it manually all the time when u'r playing on another server? this is really annoying, and most of the time i forgot to update the ip..
my suggestion would be
theres a script for mirc, that reads out some logs from the ut system folder, which are actually updated everytime u join in a server (dont get me wrong and assoziate logs with outdated, old), and outputs server ip, port, playername as well as the mapname.. its using a dll and as far as i can see its very easy to add it to any kind of program.. so isnt it possible that u add this to your software and ppl only have to push a button and the program does all the rest? means getting the ip from the logs, sending and udp request to the server and output the stats right forward on the display?
i think this would be a real advantage to every other lcd program where u have to insert the gameserver ip manually..
pls think about this feature as i can imagine many more ppl like to see this added too...
if u wanna take a closer look at the mirc script and dlls pls let me know
greetings

phil

Last edited:

dmets

I had already posted this in another forum and CrystalControl Admin had mentioned that it would be in the next version, but I think the most important feature to include, bar none is:

Menu!

Yep, my US$.02 is that a user configurable interface is the single most important addition to the software that could be made. A menuing system that you could traverse up and down and setup to do certain functions - run winamp, run zoom player and if possible interact with the programs. Try the WinAmp Menu Plugin if you want a taste of how functional this could be! http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects/lcdplugin/

Dustin

CF Mark

Administrator
Klingelknochen said:
I´m sorry, but I didn´t found a "Free Space info" at the Performance Info ..... Can you help me ????
Its here:
Performance Info -> Logical Disk -> Free Megabytes

But thats under WinXP.... may not appear under Win2k or NT4 if thats what your using.

dmets

I hate to have this buried here on page three - but Support for displaying RSS content would be great!

I just learned what RSS content is:
Rich Site Summary (RSS) is a lightweight XML format designed for sharing headlines and other Web content. Think of it as a distributable "What's New" for your site. Originally developed by Netscape to fill channels for Netcenter, RSS has evolved into a popular means of sharing content between sites (including the BBC, CNET, CNN, Disney, Forbes, Motley Fool, Wired, Red Herring, Salon, Slashdot, ZDNet, and more).
Check out:
http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/rss/intro/2.html and
http://www.oreillynet.com/meerkat/
for examples of RSS in use. This format seems perfect for LCD. It should be decently easy to intergrate RSS into CrystalControl - then think of the content that could be delivered through the LCD..... Humph.... Is this feasable, already being worked on?

Dustin

Status
Not open for further replies.