Screen Requests

jc634

Administrator
Ferrari355 said:
I want to to look somewhat like this layout.. I know I well I guess I wont get my towns name to show..

I also want Weather for Japan as well if thats possible

I gess All I need to do is add the screen again and change the link again, right?
Attached is screen file which outputs:

- Current condtions (temp and clear, cloudy, etc.)
- Humidity
- Wind conditions

This is similar to your attached pix. I tried to add a heat index output, but the cc2_rss.dll plug-in currently does not allow one to get rid of text after the heat index temp.

Of course, you will have edit the file for your location. Let me know how it works for you.

Jim
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

daks001

jc634 said:

- Humidity
- Wind conditions

Of course, you will have edit the file for your location. Let me know how it works for you.

Jim
Cool screen!

:cool:

Ferrari355

jc634 said:

- Humidity
- Wind conditions

This is similar to your attached pix. I tried to add a heat index output, but the cc2_rss.dll plug-in currently does not allow one to get rid of text after the heat index temp.

Jim

That layout is much nicer!

I'm still having a little Problem... everything else is ok but the Name of the City's.... Is it not possible to Scroll it?

Right now for Greenwich it looks like this on the top line.

"Wich, Connecticut We

then the other lines have the other info which is fine..

Same for The Japan International Airport..

"national Airport, Ja

is what it looks like

jc634

Administrator
Ferrari355 said:
That layout is much nicer!

I'm still having a little Problem... everything else is ok but the Name of the City's.... Is it not possible to Scroll it?

Right now for Greenwich it looks like this on the top line.

"Wich, Connecticut We

then the other lines have the other info which is fine..

Same for The Japan International Airport..

"national Airport, Ja

is what it looks like
Well, yes it would be....:eek:

The reason for this is that I am writing screens based upon syntax for the very-soon-to-be-released next version of CC2. It changes some of the commands for text justification/scrolling. I completely forgot about this when I was writing it.

If you can just be patient for a short time, scrolling will automatically happen after you upgrade. While I can not speak for CC Admin, I would hope that this week or next, you should see the next version.

Jim

spryszlak

Disk space used

You don't check a forum for 6 months and what happens? They release a new version of the software. I must say, CC2 looks fab.

Could we have a bar graph for % disk space used? I have a PC running as a digital TV and I have a little 631 (2x20) display on the front telling me how much room i have for recordings.

Its the C: or system drive and % space used would be best. The bar going the width of the bottom row of the screen and maybe a title in the top row.

Shaun

Ferrari355

jc634 said:

The reason for this is that I am writing screens based upon syntax for the very-soon-to-be-released next version of CC2. It changes some of the commands for text justification/scrolling. I completely forgot about this when I was writing it.

If you can just be patient for a short time, scrolling will automatically happen after you upgrade. While I can not speak for CC Admin, I would hope that this week or next, you should see the next version.

Jim
ohh.. a new version.. :)

jc634

Administrator
Re: Disk space used

spryszlak said:
You don't check a forum for 6 months and what happens? They release a new version of the software. I must say, CC2 looks fab.

Could we have a bar graph for % disk space used? I have a PC running as a digital TV and I have a little 631 (2x20) display on the front telling me how much room i have for recordings.

Its the C: or system drive and % space used would be best. The bar going the width of the bottom row of the screen and maybe a title in the top row.

Shaun
Not used space, but free space, which would be just as informative. Format:

FS C: 12345679Mb 91%
#############:::::

Try it and let me know how it works.

Jim

Attachments

daks001

jc634 said:

Jim
I just realized I did the same thing LOL, how soon we forget ...and I thought I was paying attention for that.

jc634

Administrator
Ferrari355 said:
I hope this new version comes soon.
We just received the FINAL release candidate today. All of us BETA testers put our "stamp of approval" on it.

Again, while I can't speak for CC admin, I would expect it within the next few days... (hopefully).

I know that there are several 635 owners who are VERY anxious to get it.

Jim

jc634

Administrator
Well, with jd's latest rss plug-in, I have updated my weather screen. It now includes all of the following:

- Humidity
- Heat Index
- Wind Chill
- Wind conditions

I was able to compact the data enough so the text does not scroll. I included both HI and WC. Here in Iowa, you need one or the other, depending on the season!

Of course, as before, you will have edit the file for your location. And you have to use jd's latest rss plug-in.

Enjoy.

Jim

ps, I just realized that the gold ole USofA still uses the antiquated English units. You *may* have to edit the file to replace the 'F's with 'C's, if your feed is metric.

Attachments

Last edited:

jdgordon

you need jdg_rss.dll to view weather (which isnt in the install) also, u may need to fiddle with your weather screen to point to jdg_rss.ini instead of cc2_rss.ini (in the [from] section)

grab that plugin for the plugins section
________
Explosive Cumshot

Last edited:

reider

Ferrari355 said:
Just great got the New CC2 and now no more weather display..

E01 is all I see.
This is what beta testers do, install stuff, see if it works, report back, make changes, check again, report back. Some fix it themselves but thats above and beyond the call of duty.

You`ll get there, enjoy it. Its fun breaking it! ;) Even more fun when it works again, sometimes..... :D

Steve