Screen Requests

NIVO

Is their a chance someone could make a big num display for the 631 just using a 12hour clock with am or pm indication? I am sorry if i missed it if one exists, my search was fruitless. Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

NIVO said:
Is their a chance someone could make a big num display for the 631 just using a 12hour clock with am or pm indication? I am sorry if i missed it if one exists, my search was fruitless. Thanks.
Welcome to the forums Nivo. It has been covered in this thread already but its all too confusing when you join a new forum. So, here are the details anyway.

Big time is set up via a plugin for the 634, unfortunately no date facility which I also wanted to implement. On the 631 a plugin has not been made, therefore a screen call to the plugin is not possible.

The other option is a routine called Bigchars, unfortunately this will not transpose the live time into big characters. Is that the end of the story? Not here in CC land, I have made a formal request for some new plugins and await the outcome. Any of us here would be all too pleased to make you up a screen to suit this new plugin. It will see the light of day before long, the CrystalFontz people will come through.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

NIVO

thanks very much reider I appreciate the reply. I too am eagerly awaiting new stuff to play with as well as updates to CC2. I just got this badboy installed in my FIC ICE CUBE and have been loving it ever since. Unfortunately, the connector on the pcb broke off of the 631 and I had to solder it back on, but this time i soldered four new wires to it, making it an extension away from the board so i could plug it in much easier. Again thanks for the reply.

reider

KernelpaniK said:
i didnt know where else to post this

i dont have speedfan installed, use the time, cpu/hdd/swp/mem half the time, use winamp half the time, during those times when i dont use those plugins the screen just sits there with NA...

is there any possibility someone can make a plugin or screen to make a screensaver like screen, like a swirl of symbols, i posted this before looking at the sdk for making screens, but just asking before i look into them since some of you have experience already.
We already have Chase Me, Running Man, Marathon Man in the user screens section. These are as near as you will get for a screensaver at the moment.

I would install Speedfan if I were you, it costs nothing and does the job admirably.

Speedfan

Steve

reider

Heres a request from Araya213.....

It would be cool to use a button to switch between track name and spectrum analyzer.
Right, Araya-looking at some of your previous messages I see you have a CFA 631 (done some computer work for Private Investigators before, knew it would pay off heh heh!). So, the problem is probably that the 631 only has two lines for display. The title plus the Analyzer is a tad cramped whereas the analyzer on its own fits the bill.

Now, if my assumption is correct then the two current files in the Winzip folder can be adapted to make you up a custom screen. Using the present scroll feature on the keypad will then allow you to alternate between the two.

Now what you need is

WA Spectrum Anyl loaded into CC2

plus our new custom screen

Winamp SongName 2002

which you can download from here

NOTE: I`ve made a 2004 version for 634 owners too, don`t like to miss people out. Both versions will be available from the main 'user screens' section.

As an added bonus to 631, 633 and 634 owners I`ve added a status indicator to inform the user if the track is currently playing, paused or stopped. This is very effective when used with the keypad later.

Steve

Attachments

Last edited:

jc634

Administrator
Re: little CF animation

daks001 said:
Here's a little CF logo animation, might look cool if you put in as part of one of your own screens.
Just got done modifying this screen. Shows 5 logos (on a 634) similar to my 5-flags screen.

Change the F: drive to the C: drive...

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

reider

Hi I just got my 634 and need help with screens. I have speedfan up an runnig with good info, I can get some info to sceen but not all. This is what I would like cpu speed with time and date, next fan speed for fan 4,5,6 next temp for 1,2, HD1, HD2 next volts for vcore 1, +3.3v, +5v,+12v also how do I get the weather progrm to display on lcd? Thank you so much!!!

Darrin
Now sorted with 4 screens made up to suit. But Fans needed some extra work, leading to this request

I finally got everything going except the fans. Fan 4 shows up but 5,6 just say E01. Do you have a list of fan IDs? I think I can fix it if I have those. Thanks again for the help.

Darrin
Leading to a thread detailing 32 test IDs to cover all the available RPMs. Not easy to test for when you don`t have those specific fans and configurations.

Test RPM IDs

Steve

H8ter

Bump

On these Cf screens is it possible to use the 634 with maybe a temp setting or cpu usage on the unused area?

I got them to work on the 634, but there is so much unused space it looks weird.

And to add some more to this post, I would like the same thing on the running man.. maybe something in the unused area.

Thanks

daks001

Re: Bump

H8ter said:
On these Cf screens is it possible to use the 634 with maybe a temp setting or cpu usage on the unused area?

I got them to work on the 634, but there is so much unused space it looks weird.

And to add some more to this post, I would like the same thing on the running man.. maybe something in the unused area.

Thanks
Anything you want let us know.

The only limitation is that all Character LCD's are limited to 8 custom characters (not just CF displays) per screen. That means that big characters use up all the custom characters on one screen, you can still add text but you can't add another set of big characters or a graph. The graphs use 3 ustom characters for the first graph and 2 for the second then 1 for each hbargraph after. Vericle and horizontal bargraphs don't like playing with each other on the screen.

So in short... you come up with the design and we'll build it for you. ;)

H8ter

Here goes

If you can combine the cf build and cpu temp big numbers would be perfect. I don't think I fully understand, what is and is not possible with the custom characters, but I am sure you guys do :0)

Also if it's not to much trouble can you point me where you can explain how to edit some screens to display different reading. I am looking at the screen "main".(I think) and I want it to show cpu temp instead of cpu load and the time in 12hour instead of 24.

Thanks guys

daks001

Re: Here goes

H8ter said:
If you can combine the cf build and cpu temp big numbers would be perfect. I don't think I fully understand, what is and is not possible with the custom characters, but I am sure you guys do :0)
The CF build uses all 8 custom characters and so does the big numbers... sorry.

Also if it's not to much trouble can you point me where you can explain how to edit some screens to display different reading. I am looking at the screen "main".(I think) and I want it to show cpu temp instead of cpu load and the time in 12hour instead of 24.

Thanks guys
For it to read the CPU temp you will need to use either speedfan or MBM... Are you using one of those?

For the 12 vs 24hr clock I assume you are talking about the big numbered clock for the 634? If so open the screen file which should look something like this;

Code:
[pre]
rows=4
cols=20

[screen]
screen_name="Big Clock"
options=0
alt_delay=5000

[r00]
options=0

[r00-i00]
id="512469613"
Change the id="512469613"
to
id="933777230"

Save as a new filename with the .2004 extension and re-load into CC2 Config.

H8ter

I am using speedfan by the way, but I was refering to the screen found here https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3391

I tried putting that text in the file but had no luck getting it to display a time of any kind. I break stuff sometimes. Is it possible to get the time completely taken off of that screen and change DL and UL to something else say cpu temp with bargraph and cpu usage with bargraph and uptime displayed.

first line cpu temp
second line cpu usage
third line uptime
4th winamp spectrum analyzer?

I have another thing to say. I have had my 634 since the original CC software and I have also played with other 3rd party "junk". CC2 is by far the best ever, for me. I have to hand it to you guys, you have brought new life to my lcd. THANKS!!!

daks001

H8ter said:
I am using speedfan by the way, but I was refering to the screen found here https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3391

I tried putting that text in the file but had no luck getting it to display a time of any kind.

LOL I thought you were talking about the big time screen, any ways FYI for that screen example you need to change the 2042352858 with 3821940652

Is it possible to get the time completely taken off of that screen and change DL and UL to something else say cpu temp with bargraph and cpu usage with bargraph and uptime displayed.

first line cpu temp
second line cpu usage
third line uptime
4th winamp spectrum analyzer?
Give me a couple of minutes....

daks001

Ok let me know if this screen give the right temp for you, it may give you the case temp. If it does let me know and I'll explain how to edit it. Also let me know if you want any graphs added or anything changed.

Attachments

H8ter

THAT LOOKS GREAT!!
Love the name...lol

Can you change the cpu usage to a bargraph instead of number?

Can you also set me up a screen that says YOU KICK ASS!!
Thanks guy(s)!!!

daks001

H8ter said:
THAT LOOKS GREAT!!
Love the name...lol

Can you change the cpu usage to a bargraph instead of number?

Can you also set me up a screen that says YOU KICK ASS!!
Thanks guy(s)!!!
Try this one let me know if that is what you want...

Do you want that in Big characters or regular text that is scrollong or fixed? ;)

Attachments

H8ter

Question... What is the max number set on the bargraph? It fills easily when running anything, like winamp. I wonder if it is just a setting I can break, I mean change. I will let you know my findings...lol