Screen Requests

daks001

Ferrari355 said:
has anyone made a screen where you can view your local weather on it?
Yes,

[pre]
rows=4
cols=20

[screen]
screen_name="Daks_RSS Weather Feed"
options=0
alt_delay=20000

[from00]
from="cc2_rss.ini"
sec="feed-#"
opt01="url=http://www.rssweather.com/rss.php?hwvUT=C&hwvUP=mb&hwvUS=kmh&hwvUV=km&hwvCCChange=forecast&hwvSF=Y&maxdays=2&daysonly=2&hwvStyle=ce&place=toronto&state=on&country=ca&zone=FPCN11.CWTO--%3AFPCN51.CWTO--&alt=rss20a"
opt02="interval=60"
opt03="item00_id=@01"
opt04="item00_section=description"
opt05="item00_count=1"
opt06="item01_id=@02"
opt07="item01_section=pubDate"
opt08="item01_count=0"
opt09="item02_id=@03"
opt10="item02_section=description"
opt11="item02_count=2""
opt12="item03_id=@04"
opt13="item03_section=description"
opt14="item03_count=3""

[r00]
options=10

[r00-i00]
id=@01

[r01]
options=10

[r01-i00]
id=@02

[r02]
options=10

[r02-i00]
options=0
lenght=7
string="Today: "

[r02-i01]
options=10
id=@03

[r03]
options=10

[r03-i00]
options=0
lenght=10
string="Tomorrow: "

[r03-i01]
options=10
id=@04
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

Ferrari355 said:
lol what do I do with that?
Rather than do it for you and lose the experience, the instructions follow. You will be able to make this into a usable screen. Use an existing screen as a template then paste these details in there to replace it, change the name n away you go (Screens can be edited using notepad). This screen is for CC2 use though, not for one of the third party programs that you normally use.

All details for getting this screen running are contained in this forum. All good experience for a beta tester.

Plugins

This has the plugin itself and all the background details, devised by our expert 'jdgordon' who I am sure will offer any necessary help.

Daks will tell you how to get details for your locality, as it is setup for his at the moment. Although details are contained in the Plugin folder. There are other utilities with this Plugin too, and lots more features on the way within CC2.

Steve

Last edited:

daks001

Ferrari355 said:
lol what do I do with that?
Copy from
[pre]
to
id=@04 at the bottom and paste it into a textfile called whatever_name.2004

In your web browser go to www.rssweather.com

In the search field in the upper RH corner of the screen enter your city name. When the correct one is listed click on it.

You should now see your local weather forcast on your monitor. On the LH side of this webpage you will see RSS Feed and under that you will See Custom RSS 2.0 feed, Click on this link. Decide if you want C or F for temp and change whatever else but just leave the Forecast Options at the default 2 periods (for this screen).

Now click on the red RSS button in the bottom RH corner. Now you should see a screen with a bunch of RSS script. Copy the link from your address bar in your browser and paste it over the sample address I have in this screen. Save your screen and then load it into CC2 normally and restart CC2 and it should work.

Hope I explained that well enough.

daks001

Ferrari355 said:
I need to look in this thread right?

https://forum.crystalfontz.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3560

I see the rss thread, but I have a feeling I did not put the dll file in the right spot.
c:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-service\

Is where the dll file should go, after you insert the screen in cc2-config go back into the cc2-service directory and make sure the cc2_rss.ini file is created. If you open it up it should look something like;

[feed-00]
url="http://www.rssweather.com/rss.php?hwvUT=C&hwvUP=mb&hwvUS=kmh&hwvUV=km&hwvCCChange=forecast&hwvSF=Y&maxdays=2&daysonly=2&hwvStyle=ce&place=toronto&state=on&country=ca&zone=FPCN11.CWTO--%3AFPCN51.CWTO--&alt=rss20a"
interval=60
item00_id=1463230632
item00_section="description"
item00_count=1
item01_id=2006460716
item01_section="pubDate"
item01_count=0
item02_id=2148818183
item02_section="description"
item02_count=3
item03_id=3697149580
item03_section="description"
item03_count=4

If you have a bunch of [feed-00] "blocks" i.e. [feed-01] [feed-02] etc. You may want to delete cc2_rss.ini then delete and re-install the screen file in cc2_config.

daks001

Ferrari355 said:
I must of did somethign really wrong beacuse I don't see it listed as a screen.
Make sure it has a .2004 extension, sometime when you save things in notepad and you tell it to save as filename.2004 it wll automatically add .txt to the end of that, i.e. filename.2004.txt .

Also make sure you save the screenfile to your

c:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2-config\screens

directory.

Ferrari355

Hey I got it! just however the screen is a little messy...

Also is there another weather site that updates a little faster?

takes like an hour and a half to update, where this other standalone program is pretty much realtime.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferrari355

Re: Re: little CF animation

jc634 said:
Just got done modifying this screen. Shows 5 logos (on a 634) similar to my 5-flags screen.

Change the F: drive to the C: drive...

Jim
Where does the gif file go?

jc634

Administrator
Re: Re: Re: little CF animation

Ferrari355 said:
You will need to create a folder c:\GIFS and put the cc2_build.gif in this folder.

Jim

daks001

Re: Re: Re: little CF animation

Ferrari355 said:
If you open up the showgif_CF_build-5.2004 with notepad (or any ansi text editor) that was posted you'll see a line like this;

opt10="filename=F:\gifs\cc2_build.gif"

You can change that to put the gif file any where you want.

daks001

Ferrari355 said:
Hey I got it! just however the screen is a little messy...

Also is there another weather site that updates a little faster?

takes like an hour and a half to update, where this other standalone program is pretty much realtime.
In that screenfile the interval=60 is the time in minutes between updates, I set it to that because the rssweather.com website asks that people don't poll any more than that.

The nice thing about the cc2_rss plugin is that you can configure it to read any info out of any rss or xml file. Just have to find a feed that does not mind more frequent polling, I'll have a look around...

Now about that MESSY thing... :D

What do you want changed? Easy enough to do.... Let me know.

Ferrari355

I want to to look somewhat like this layout.. I know I well I guess I wont get my towns name to show..

I also want Weather for Japan as well if thats possible

I gess All I need to do is add the screen again and change the link again, right?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ferrari355

Re: Re: Re: Re: little CF animation

daks001 said:
If you open up the showgif_CF_build-5.2004 with notepad (or any ansi text editor) that was posted you'll see a line like this;

You can change that to put the gif file any where you want.
Ok I got it to work but the logo goes so fast...

jc634

Administrator
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: little CF animation

Ferrari355 said:
Ok I got it to work but the logo goes so fast...
What do you mean by fast?

If it goes to the next screen quicker than you want change the following:

[screen]
screen_name="CF Build Test-5"
options=0
alt_delay=5000 >>>>> change the 5000 to something higher.

Each 1000 equals 1 second.

If you want to slow down the animation, change the following:

[from00]
from="cc2_showgif.ini"
sec="gif-#"
opt01="idRow1=@01"
opt02="idRow2=@02"
opt03="xOffset=0"
opt04="yOffset=0"
opt05="width=24"
opt06="height=16"
opt07="start=1"
opt08="end=24"
opt09="delay=100" >>>>>>> make larger

I did a test at 500 and the animation grows quite slow. You may need to experiment to determine your desired speed.

If you do change the delay, you will definitely need to increase alt_delay, or the screen will go by before the animation grows completely.

When you do make changes to your screen file, make sure you delete and add the screen back in from the CC configuration program, so that CC2 can update the screen.

Jim

jc634

Administrator
You may find it interesting that I never changed this value before. Actually, I never knew what it was for, until tonight.:)

It just shows that we all learn from each other here.;)

Jim

daks001

Ferrari355 said:
I want to to look somewhat like this layout.. I know I well I guess I wont get my towns name to show..

I also want Weather for Japan as well if thats possible

I gess All I need to do is add the screen again and change the link again, right?
Change the link then add the screen. :)

To change it to that format give me a bit, I've just started a new job and have been putting in a few hours reading TS 16949 and ISO 14001 manuals that I have to implement at my plant...

To give you a way to add the towns name real quick in this part of the screen file;

opt02="interval=60"
opt03="item00_id=@01"
opt04="item00_section=description" <<<Change section=description to section=title.
opt05="item00_count=1" <<<Change to count=0
opt06="item01_id=@02"
opt07="item01_section=pubDate"