Screen Requests

reider

Ancient said:
Thx Steve You rock man
lol primary drive reads 61c lol now thats a scary thing chances are its correct to hehe love these small shuttles ,when i get the 631 installed properly,have to cut it a bit ,I'll take a pic and post it .Gonna be using the same lcd on my other one too.
When it fries try replacing with one that has fluid bearings (not a Deathstar). Add a HD cooler fan with an intake scoop facing toward the rear of the shuttle rather than the Southbridge. You can dremel the HD rack chassis to form a blowhole suitable for the fan, as long as you carefully measure for fit. Add this to a fan header on the mobo and control fan speed by Speedfan. Though you have to look at the electrical input settings of the fan against those of the header. If exceeded then the header will blow.

I did this and mine stays around 30deg C, though I only have one drive in as against your two. I`d seriously consider using one drive and perhaps adding a second externally on USB2. I use an external DVD on my USB2 for backup purposes.

All off topic, so back to the ranch now.

Steve
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

Here she goes. Scroll speed needs adjustment to suit yourself, left at 800 in two places, bring it down to speed up. Spacing needs adjusting, though you face a never ending battle with all that data on there plus the scroll. Save the file before you make any changes then you have an anchor point to come back to. titles and ID`s (temps) are easily modified by editing the file but beware this starts the spacing problem all over again.

Steve

Attachments

jffcurt

Steve, I'd like to say thank you very much for your screens I installed the first fanstat you posted a couple of pages back that has all 4 temps on the one screen. It worked pefectly for me. I'm brand new to the lcd business and I've literally been up for the past 24 hrs trying to nail this down. I also have a 631 and have finally got most of the screens working. Not having to much luck with screens displaying anything about the HD, disk space etc.

I've got the lcd installed in a HTPC I built and it sits about 9-10 ft. away from me so it's a little hard to read the screen. Wish there was an easy way to make the letters double in size. You wouldn't happen to have 4 seperate temp screens handy???

Thnaks for all your help......

Jeff

reider

jffcurt said:
Steve, I'd like to say thank you very much for your screens I installed the first fanstat you posted a couple of pages back that has all 4 temps on the one screen. It worked pefectly for me. I'm brand new to the lcd business and I've literally been up for the past 24 hrs trying to nail this down. I also have a 631 and have finally got most of the screens working. Not having to much luck with screens displaying anything about the HD, disk space etc.

I've got the lcd installed in a HTPC I built and it sits about 9-10 ft. away from me so it's a little hard to read the screen. Wish there was an easy way to make the letters double in size. You wouldn't happen to have 4 seperate temp screens handy???

Thnaks for all your help......

Jeff
Leave it with me, just having a look at what I can do now. Be back asap.

Steve

reider

Sorry about the delay, took a tad longer than I thought but done a full 631 version in big numbers and a 634 version for when you upgrade too ;)

New Temps

Hope this helps,

Steve

jffcurt

While you've been hard at work I wrote my first screen.......And I'll admit it I STOLE, COPY & PASTED from CPU Big Num but in this case I substituted Free Disk space. Can't wait to see what you've sent. Be back in a minute. Jeff

jffcurt

Sorry it took so long to get back I was getting carried away. The screens turn ed out great. Their flashing by as I type. Thanks for your time.

P.S. What did you mean when I "Upgrade" to 6XX???? I thought I had the cream of the crop......:confused:

Jeff

Ancient

reider,sorry bout bein away so long ,got the file and loaded it hehe works great but something weird is happening.When its first loaded it works fine the Top line is in sync with the bottom line but after a few passes maybe 2 or 3 the top line starts falling behind the bottom line ,lol weird eh . Will this same file work if i del the scroll part at least the cpu temp is over the fan speed.I'll try taking out the 800 and see how it goes.
Thanks again Steve for all your patience,time and efforts :)
Yuck work tommorrow nite,nite shift sucks lol

Ancient

Ok I'll try to upload the little i did to it,its almost the same as your
Steve i only tried to get the text in line ,all i need is the bottom line to scroll same speed as top

Attachments

reider

Deleting the scroll speed does nothing. That is only the speed of the scroll. I think scrolling is the problem because you have differents amount of text in the bottom line to the top. This is why they go out of sync. This is why I said you would need to play with the spacing.

Steve

reider

jffcurt said:
Sorry it took so long to get back I was getting carried away. The screens turn ed out great. Their flashing by as I type. Thanks for your time.

P.S. What did you mean when I "Upgrade" to 6XX???? I thought I had the cream of the crop......:confused:

Jeff
The 631 is a fantastic screen, I wouldn`t be without mine. However, for certain applications I find my XE 634 external invaluable-though I`ve not had it long. Its a 4 line by 20 character external on 10 feet of cable so it can be placed at an advantage to myself.

The other aspect is that with 5 computers I can move it around and use it on all of them. Thus, an upgrade path. Currently I have both of my modules connected to the same computer. Testing your single screens on the 631 and comparing the results on the 634 which is displaying all of the temps in one go.

Steve

Araya213

I'm sorry i should remember to specify these things. It's for the 631. By the way. I love all of the work you guys have done, i have several screens on my 631 that far surpass teh abilities of CC1. The highlight of my evening is when i come home from work and find a new pimp-tight screen waiting for me.. I can't wait for teh events editor, i see cc2 blowing the ass off of the competition!!! And it's all because of peeps like daks, reider, jc and the ccadmin! I'm not sucking up.. i'm just very impressed!!

Last edited:

reider

Araya213 said:
I would like to see a screen with nothing but the time in big nums. Can someone please hook me up?
Many thanks for your comments and compliments to us all. I can only point the details out as I see them at the moment. Big time is set up via a plugin for the 634, unfortunately no date facility which I also wanted to implement. On the 631 a plugin has not been made, therefore a screen call to the plugin is not possible.

The other option is a routine called Bigchars, unfortunately this will not transpose the live time into big characters. Is that the end of the story? Not here in CC land, I will make a formal request for some new plugins and await the outcome. Any of us here would be all too pleased to make you up a screen to suit this new plugin.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve

Ancient

Hiya Rieder,
Had to go out of town for a while ,just got back ,lol not enuff hours in the day.Just wanted to say thanks Steve for all your help,time and patience on all the screens you put together for me.Finally got the 631 installed in my small shuttle box,kinda of a tight fit but went in with some modifications to bracket.
Take care man and thx again for all your help :)
Have a great day
Neil

reider

Ancient said:
Hiya Rieder,
Had to go out of town for a while ,just got back ,lol not enuff hours in the day.Just wanted to say thanks Steve for all your help,time and patience on all the screens you put together for me.Finally got the 631 installed in my small shuttle box,kinda of a tight fit but went in with some modifications to bracket.
Take care man and thx again for all your help :)
Have a great day
Neil
A pleasure to be of assistance. We`re all a tad ill at the moment but once the fog clears I`m sure we`ll resume the pace with added vigour. We may have some extremely exciting news for one and all shortly, so as they say 'watch this space.....'.

Regards and best wishes,

Steve