Looking for rFactor Plug-in

reider

Just a quick thanks to reider for the help. rFactor itself has a plugin folder for external hardware plugins and so I naturally assumed that was the rFactor/plugin directory to be used. Once that was squared away things progressed rapidly. The LCD is up and working and its everything I had hoped it would be. Its a very cool hardware option for us sim-racers!

Two follow-up/feature requests:

1. Can the plug-in in the future have more Imperial options for fuel, water, and oil temperatures?
This is one for admin to look at, hopefully not much of a problem, just a time issue.

2. Is it possible to to use unique characters and make a bar graph-style tachometer (in this case, just using solid character blocks that would progress from left to right as rpm's climbed)?
This shouldn`t be a problem. Something along the lines of one of the present Winamp screens that Dark produced in the good old days, with the left and right Spectrum Anyliser. Then amend the screen display to suit the RPM as input data instead of sound maybe.

Reider
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Woah, seems ive got behind on this thread... sorry all.

The AVI was encoded with mencoder which will play on all normal DIVX players, but it seems i set the FOURCC wrong, so not many (ie, players not up to date, like WMP :rolleyes: ) dont recognize it :(
Installing "ffdshow" is the best idea, as its the only video/audio codec youll ever need anyway (it plays everything!!).

1. Can the plug-in in the future have more Imperial options for fuel, water, and oil temperatures?
Can do, its a busy xmas/jan for me though, so may not happen for a while, sorry :(

2. Is it possible to to use unique characters and make a bar graph-style tachometer (in this case, just using solid character blocks that would progress from left to right as rpm's climbed)?
You mean like in the example videos?
If that is what you mean, then yes :)

In the screen editor, use the "horizontal bargraph".
- Set the bargraph length
- For the "bar position", use "plugin value", then hit the select button.
- Select the rfactor plugin information you wish to display.
- Set the ending position number value to the max value you would display (ie, 12000 for RPM).
Leave the other options for the moment, and hit ok.
The other options (esp character options) are needed if you wish to display more than 1 bargraph on a screen.

BTW... as an easy way to test the display, run the game in a small window, instead of in full screen, start a race, then pause the game and switch over to CC2, then edit your screens.
Itll then show you real game information. It makes it easier to layout the screens.

RacerAlex

Can do, its a busy xmas/jan for me though, so may not happen for a while, sorry :(
NP! Its completely understandable. I'm just thrilled to have it all working. Like I said, I'm the guinea pig for this project and I can't wait to report back to the guys at rf-RACER.com. I have to admit, the thing that really makes this a fantastic option is its very memory and processor friendly. I've yet to notice any depreciable drop in FPS while running the LCD. This can't always be said of other display options.

And also, thanks for the bargraph tip. Worked perfectly!

crobol

Hi CC2 Admin.

In my humble opinion, in the list of rF parameters you must to add, if it's possible, tyre and brake temp and the time win or lost in the last lap. The diference betwen actual lap and last lap in the finish line (+0.22 or -1.08 for example).

In January I try to buy a LCD634 and start to enjoy your fantastic job.

Congratulations.

CF Mark

Administrator
In my humble opinion, in the list of rF parameters you must to add, if it's possible, tyre and brake temp...
I can only show the information that rFactor supplies to the plugins.
Unfortunately, tyre & brake temps are not among those.

and the time win or lost in the last lap. The diference betwen actual lap and last lap in the finish line (+0.22 or -1.08 for example).
Hmmm, ok, i should be able to do that.

crobol

I,m surprised. Brake & Tyre temp are no avalaible from rFactor to run with your plug?
You try to ask to ISI (Image Sapace Inc)? they are very helpful and answer most of the emails received.

They like to help the developer comunity.
Thank you another time, your work is a dream for the DIY Cockpit lovers.

brad mills

Many thanks for making this plugin!

I purchased two 634 LCD's and configured some screens with no problem. I'd be cool if we could export screens from CC2 to share with others. I'll post photos of mine if anyone is interested.

I would consider purchasing some more and suggesting them to many others if we could just get a few more parameters. I know some of these probably arent available:

Oil, water,fuel, ambient and track temperatures in Imperial measurements
Projected laps with remaining fuel
Driver with best lap and his laptime
Sector times and sector time difference
Brake and tire temps

Also, have the "Max number of laps" say "NA" during practice and warmup, instead of the large number it currently displays
________
Uggs

Last edited:

RacerAlex

All great suggestions Brad.

Add to that a key mapping feature for cycling through your various screen designs with a press of a botton on your steering wheel. I believe that was in the origianl CC software.

BTW: I'm really loving the LCD in my sim-racing cockpit. Like Brad, I'll post some pix soon.

racer_indy

rFactor plugin data not displaying on CF634

I'm using Windows XP SP2 and running CrystalControl2 to control a CF634. The software is controlling the CF634 data correctly except for rFactor data.

I start rFactor version 1.250 and choose a car and track.

Once I installed the plugins, I could see the rFactor options and added Engine Speed, Speed (MPH) and Lap Time on the separate horizontal lines of the display configuration.

Any data screen that I build in CC2 results in seeing 'NA' where the data should be when driving in rFactor. I've restarted Windows and restarted the CrystalControl2 multiple times.

rFactor is installed at L:\Program Files\rFactor (Does it have to be installed to the C:\ drive for this to work?)

I installed the rFactor CrystalControl2 plugins as follows:

C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\extras\rFactor-plugin\rFactorCC2Plugin.dll
(Does this directory need to be a certain name?)

C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\cc2rfactor.dll
C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\se_rfactor.dll

Is this installation correct?
How is the connection made between CrystalControl2, the rFactor plugin and the rFactor telemetry?
Does the rFactor telemetry need to be started somehow or is it always on once the sim is being driven?

Are there some options for debugging this? I'm fairly proficient with PCs and can usually figure things out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

jc634

Administrator
Read the 2nd post again.

The "rFactorCC2Plugin.dll" goes in your rFactor plugin directory.

That would be L:\Program Files\rFactor\??. I don't use rFactor, I assume that the complete listing would be L:\Program Files\rFactor\plugins?

I hope this helps.

reider

I`m running Vista here, I pasted the rFactorCC2Plugin.dll into the C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2\extras\rfactor folder. I then pasted the other two into C:\Program Files\CrystalControl2 with CC2 temporarily stopped......

I then restarted CC2 and there were available items in the Rfactor category to place into a screen. I did not test further as I no longer have rfactor installed. Though I do have the disk here. There are two CC2 files, you have to ensure you paste the correct one into the rfactor folder, as stated by admin and shown above.

This worked for a previous user on page 1 of this thread.....

Reider

CF Mark

Administrator
The "rFactorCC2Plugin.dll" goes in your rFactor plugin directory.
I assume that the complete listing would be L:\Program Files\rFactor\plugins?
That is correct... or wherever you installed rFactor.
In my case its "d:\games\rFactor\plugins".

brad mills

I know its still very early in the new year, but I'm just a little worried that the future plugin development may get forgotten. I appreciate all the work done on it so far. I bought two LCD's just for this, and I'm worried that I'm not going to have all I expected, mainly in regards to the imperial measurements.

If it turns out you wont have time to work on it for awhile, and when you'll be able to is indeterminate, is it possible to make the source code public? I'm far from the type of developer to carry on the work, but would do everything I could to try to work on it or find someone who can, to feel more comfortable with the investment and enjoyment with the LCD's.

Thanks!
________
Uggs

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Bug me enough, and ill get it done ;)
Releasing the source code for the rFactor plugin is something i can and since youve asked, probably will do.

If you dont see anything about an updated plugin, or source code by mid Feb, reply in here or PM me.
Im too busy to look at it until then, sorry :(

brad mills

Great, sounds good. If/when it gets to the point that it needs to be passed off for development, hopefully someone who is reading this and interested in it, has the necessary skills and and work on it. Seems like there would be more people interested in this, but I guess its due to the cost of the LCD's.

Right now I'm struggling to come up with a mount for 2 of the enclosed 634's on a Playseat Evolution, so that they are closer to eye level.

Thanks again..
________
MERCURY COLONY PARK SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited:

RacerAlex

Really looking forward to the added data. In the meantime, here's some pix using the LCD.

First here's a close up of how I'm displaying the data:

And here's a drivers POV:

Absolutely loving the Crystalfontz display!! :)

Attachments

brad mills

Bug me enough, and ill get it done ;)
Releasing the source code for the rFactor plugin is something i can and since youve asked, probably will do.

If you dont see anything about an updated plugin, or source code by mid Feb, reply in here or PM me.
Im too busy to look at it until then, sorry :(
Hi, I was just checking on the possible progress of any changes to the plugin. :)

Thanks!
________
Free Vaporizer

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Attached is the new version of the plugin files...
It adds wheel temps, wheel pressures, brake temps, lap time comparison and some of the displayed information has been reformatted to look better.

Due to some of the changes, some of the data in your existing rFactor screens may no longer work.
Delete these items, and re-add them from the list.

Let me know what you think.

Copy the files into the same locations as described earlier in this thread.
Dont forget to stop the CC2 service before doing so.

Attachments

CF Mark

Administrator
Oh, i forgot to add... it also now does metric->imperial conversions.
It defaults to metric.

To change it to imperial, do the following...
Create a file called "cc2_rfactor.ini" in the same location as the other CC2 INI files.
In the "cc2_rfactor.ini" file, enter:
Code:
[general]
metric=0