Looking for rFactor Plug-in

Bob Dunlop

Hi guys!
I just stumbled over this thread,forum,website! yesterday and I saw Racer Alex's name (we've raced together) and thought, well... let me take a closer look :) Hi Alex! tell Gonzo I said Yo!
Wow what a great rFactor add-on!
I played w/ the software all day yesterday configuring it just the way I want my screen to look.
I want to order the Black screen w/ the yellow letters but it says it won't be available till June 15th.(XE634BK-YMC-KU)

I may order another color just to tide me over till the one I want comes in:)

I do have a question...I see that "Session Time" is one of the options but is it possible to have the "Race Clock" available? (The one that counts down the time left in the race)
I belong to a league that runs an ILMS series (Champion Motorsports) and we run all "Timed events" (6 hour,3 hour,90 minute and 60 minute events).
Having the countdown clock and the fuel remaining on the one little screen would be perfect for my application:)
Thanks,and Hello!
Bob Dunlop

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Welcome :)

Email sales@crystalfontz.com to see what can be done about your order.

As for session time remaining, a quick look says that i can do it as session end time is supplied.
Ill look into it more sometime soon... cant say when at the moment :(

Bob Dunlop

Wow! thanks for the quick response:)
Not sure what I should ask in the email though...maybe the XE634BK-YMC-KU is available sooner?
Thanks,Bob Dunlop

Bob Dunlop

And today..I received a white one :rolleyes:
So I have to return it for a blue one :rolleyes:
Anyway..wondering if there is any progress on the "Session Time Remaining" (Race Clock) update.
Thanks,Bob Dunlop :)

Last edited:

reider

Don`t worry mate. He maybe a little tied up at the moment but will get back to you asap. If he says it can be done then rest assured it will be, just a matter of time at the moment. It will not be forgotten though :)

Reider

CF Mark

Administrator
Im sorry to hear about you getting the wrong color LCD.
Im sure sales will fix that up for you quickly.

As for the Session Time Remaining, i have not looked into it yet :(
I should be able to sometime in the next week.

Bob Dunlop

Yep..sales is fixing me right up:)
Next week will be great..thanks for taking the time to do this..it will be much appreciated:)
Bob Dunlop

Natural1

First off, a HUGE thanks for CC Admin and everyone else at Crystalfontz for enabling rF support for the LCDs. This is truly one of the great add-ons!

On a side note, the plugin doesnt seem to be very stable in offline races. I never race offline, but could consistently make rfactor crash with the plugin dll as the cause in the drwatson message, by alt-tabbing during a race, then quitting the race. Havent had any problems at all online while alt-tabbing, but also dont ever do it while in the car.
I have had the Crystalfontz LCD since mid December and since that time have hardly run any actual race sessions (practice mostly). So, I just noticed this today for the first time while doing some graphics tweaking. If I "esc" out of a race session rF causes an error and shuts down. If I "esc" out of any other session (practice, qual, or warmup) it works fine. Alt-tabbing makes no difference on my machine - the behavior is the same regardless of whether I alt-tab first or not. If I stop the CrystalControl2 service from the tray icon the issue goes away.

I can also attest that this was an issue with the previous CC2 software and rF plugins. In fact, tracking this error to the CC2 service in the first place is what prompted me to investigate and upgrade to the latest CC2 software and rF plugins.

Any ideas?

-and hi Bob! (Scott Warren from RACER here)

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Thanks for the descriptions of the exiting-race issue.
Ill look into it this week when i spend some time on CC2 updates (as well as the session time remaining).

I did all the testing of the plugin in offline racing, and havent had the problem.
Ill try a few more combinations, see if i can get it to happen. If i can, and replicate it, ill be able to fix it.

Natural1

Thanks!

-And I failed to mention that my testing on this issue has all been done offline so far, if that helps. And of course if there is any additional data I can provide please let me know.

Bob Dunlop

Yahoo! I got my new Blue LCD in today!:)

Also..I'm not having any of the problems that you guys are describing on or off line.

crobol

Is for the "session time remaining" this update? or you have added more...

You do a great work but maybe is a good idea add to the RAR a readme file with the version number of the pluggin and what's new. But I understand you take a lot of your free time doing this for the community.

Thankyou ;)

edit Or just a evoulution list in the first post, whith the last pluggin version attached...

Last edited: