Weather Info?

reider

I appreciate the work you are putting into this, if you could include the UK in any update then that would be cool. Whilst waiting for version 2 of CrystalFontz your thread makes it really worthwhile checking the forum.

Thanks for your help,

Steve

akweb

I'll be adding international support to it soon. You'll be able to lookup a location code for your location and use that code in the program's zip code field.

-AK

akweb

International Weather Support

LCD Weather for the CFA-631/633 now has international weather support. Still developing the lookup location code portion of it, but you can now receive weather from just about anywhere in the world. Also added brightness & contrast controls.

Enjoy!

-AK

akweb

A new version of CFA-633/631 LCD Weather is now posted. Now includes international support with location code lookup. Added control for CFA-631 buttons:

UL (upper left) - Start LCD
UR (upper right) - Stop LCD
BL (bottom left) - brightness -
BR (bottom right) - brightness +

If your country is not listed in the international lookup, let me know and I'll add it to next version.

http://www.akwebservices.com/lcdweather

Enjoy!

-akweb

dsieb

hi akweb
nice updates!

the prog works fine, but my 631 displays nothing :/
crystal control works normal.

how can i add the weatherscreen to my 631 LCD?

akweb

Are you running the program at the same time as CC? If so, that's the problem (com port already open). If it won't run by itself (without CC running), make sure you have selected the right Com port and Baud Rate.

Let me know.

-akweb

dsieb

ahh ok, after restart it works.

my wishes for next version:
- Celsius and Fahrenheit Toggle
- less Cpu usage (or is it just my problem?)
- "exact" weatherinfos for my district. (because Hamburg Finkenwerder (10149) is not so close).
- different languages

Can you get weatherinfos from the airport? that is closer.

Last edited:

akweb

'10147' is code for 'Fuhlsbuettel'. Newest version now has feature allowing you to look up location code.

-akweb

dsieb

jo i know but there i get only the code for 'Hamburg Finkenwerder'.
now with 'Hamburg Fuhlsbuettel' is better.

thx!

reider

akweb said:
Are you running the program at the same time as CC? If so, that's the problem (com port already open). If it won't run by itself (without CC running), make sure you have selected the right Com port and Baud Rate.

Let me know.

-akweb
Many thanks for the program, AKWEB. It gives us a darned good idea how the finished product will turn out when V2 of CC finally sees the light of day, hopefully not too far in the dark, dim, dusty future.

Adding the buttons in was a real big bonus I never expected, so good to see them in action finally. I placed CC on com2 to fool it into not working, set your program to the real com3 and rebooted then hey presto it worked. Swapped CC back to com3 and it too worked, tried it back on com2 again without rebooting and the weather program still worked. Just have to remember to switch CC to the wrong com port before switching off, then both will work when I switch on again.

Thanks once again, you should be proud of this achievement. It really does the biz. Just a shame I can get Manchester and Liverpool in the UK, but not Warrington in the middle of the two and where I am. Is there any way to take the reading from say Manchester, 20 miles away, but see the reading as Warrington in the LCD display?

Steve

akweb

CFA-633/631 Weather Program

Perhaps this thread (or parts of it) should be moved to a non-CC2 thread. Not to confuse people, but the weather program mentioned here is not associated with CC2. It is a stand-alone program. Perhaps a weather plugin for CC2 will be done in the future.

In the meantime, in response to 'dsieb' CPU usage problem, I posted an update which will use MUCH less CPU. Newest version is 1.05.

http://www.akwebservices.com/lcdweather

-akweb