USB Connection

[TEA]Towle

One of the best things about this board is the availability of ten USB ports. You have two on the pack panel with four headers on board - each supporting two USB ports and every one of them is USB 2.0 compliant
http://www.mbreview.com/links.php?op=viewslink&sid=283

How do I connect Crystalfontz to the motherboard? I have only used two headers on the motherboard -one for a rear 4 port hub and one for the front mounted USB port (Antec 1000 AMG Plus View SOHO ATX File Server Case)

The connections are different, I would want to connect direct to the motherboard. is there some sort of adaptor? I don't want to run the cable outside of the case or through the back of the case into one of the free usb slots on the rear 4 port hub.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

rschissler

The easiest way is to run the CF USB cable out the back of the case and into a USB port. I just made an existing hole in the back of my case a little bit larger, to fit the smaller end of the CF USB cable. Do you really need to have all those USB ports available outside your case?

Or, how about this idea: Keep one of your hubs inside your case. Using double-sided foam tape or some other way, attach one of your hubs to the bottom or side panel of the inside of your case and then you can plug the CF USB cable into one of the USB ports of the inside hub.

--Randy S.

Last edited:

[TEA]Towle

rschissler said:
The easiest way is to run the CF USB cable out the back of the case and into a USB port. I just made an existing hole in the back of my case a little bit larger, to fit the smaller end of the CF USB cable. Do you really need to have all those USB ports available outside your case?
In a Nutshell, Yes. I have a fair few USB devices and USB is better for me. I looking for a solution that is aesthetic.

Or, how about this idea: Keep one of your hubs inside your case.
I only have one 4 port hub external and this is used for other devices. there is a spare connection for another USB hub on my MB Gigabyte 845PE 667 Ultra The other is connected to the front of my case Antec 1000 AMG Plus View. I don't have any other hubs

Using double-sided foam tape or some other way, attach one of your hubs to the bottom or side panel of the inside of your case and then you can plug the CF USB cable into one of the USB ports of the inside hub..[/B]
I am looking for a solution to plug direct from the CrystalFontz to the onboard motherboard USB header without the need for additional clutter inside my case. thanks for the advice in any case. There must be some cable I can buy that is USB and has the same connections that are needed surely ?

Last edited: