serial cable to motherboard

florin

I'm looking at the drive bay kits. I want a kit with the CFA-633 display with a serial interface.

Now, when looking at the serial cables that are available, it seems to me (but i could be wrong) that the cables, like the WR232Y08, are designed to connect the LCD to the serial port on the back of a computer. Is that true?

But i want to mount the display on a computer, on a CD-ROM bay, and run the serial cable through the inside directly to the motherboard, to the unused serial expansion connector on the motherboard. I do NOT want to run the cable through the outside to the serial port on the back of the computer.
I can't seem to find a serial cable to connect the display directly to the motherboard. Any hints, pointers, suggestions? Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
If you have the header on your motherboard, you can use a standard 10-pin ribbon cable. I know Digi-Key sells them, but I do not have the part number off hand.

You may need to change the display from "standard" to "alternate" pin-out depending on how the pins are laid out on your motherboard.

See the section "RS-232 CONNECTIONS" on page 11 of the CFA-633 data sheet.

florin

Awesome. Thanks for the very prompt replies to this thread and the other.
...Do you guys ever sleep? :)