Serial Backlit Colors

gatekeeper

Will CF ever have a serial LCD w/ a neg. blue like the CFAH1602B-TMC-JP model? If CF is working on them, I would wait for them to come out. I already have a parallel LCD but want one to go into my drive bay. I have 2 unused serials but no parallels left. So if I could find out if CF will have neg. blue serial LCDs, I will definitely wait for them. Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

PaNiC

You could modify one of the two serials you have lying around. Wouldn't be too hard. All you have to do is: Get an EL-sheet, get appropriate inverter for the sheet, dismantle lcd-module, flip the front polarizing-film (glued on) and mount the el-sheet behind the display-glass. If it's a non-backlit model this won't work because the reflective thingy mounted on the back of the glass doesn't allow light to come through.

gatekeeper

True

When I mentioned that I had 2 serials and no parallels left, I meant the ports on my MB. And true I could mod the para. version but I would like to keep the warrenty. If CF is planning on releasing a serial w/ blue neg. I would hold off and buy them then. Otherwise, I might do the El sheet mod b/c from what I can tell, they are brighter and closer to the blue of what I am wanting.

Gatekeeper

CF Mark

Administrator
PaNiC - to get the white on blue LCD like the CFAH1602B-TMC-JP, you cannot use the EL sheet idea.

gatekeeper - from what ive heard, CF may be working on a white on blue 634, but it will probably be a bit of time before they start selling any (>months).

If you can, wait for the white on blue 634... it will be an awesome looking LCD.

prsmith777

blue 634

I spoke with a guy at tech support this week and he said that a blue 632 would be out in a few weeks. He also said that it would be six months for the blue 634 to be ready. I don't know if he knows what he's talking about though. Take it with a grain of salt, I guess.

CURTISBEEF

arg i allready have a yellow 634...
When they ome out anyone wanna trade?

i have the whole kit ill trade for just the LCD...

Think about it