Samsung SCD23 LCD Question

tengage

I have a Samsung SCD23 with an LCD screen. The screen quit working yesterday. When I turn the camera on the LCD turns on, but it is very dim, almost to the point where you can't see anything. Then after a couple of seconds, it goes black. The camera works fine. If I close the LCD door, the eyepiece turns on. Likewise, when I flip the LCD towards the front of the camera, the eyepiece comes on.

I will probably send this to someone for repair, but I can't resist taking the thing apart to find out if it is something obvious.

Any ideas?

Chris
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Be careful with a repair. The cost could easily be more than a replacement camera.

And if it is . . . then you can play with the old one with no remorse :)

azadrozny

Any Results?

I recently encountered this EXACT same problem with my 2 year old SCD23. I am wondering if you or anyone else has found a fix. I have searched the web and found others with similar problems, but no resolution. I'd hate to replace the whole unit given that this is the only trouble I am having with it.

longda

Check out this site.

You can check out the following site for your camera needs.

www.samsungparts.com

They have a replacement lcd or just the replacement lcd backlight. Both of them are about $90. It sounds like the backlight in your lcd screen died. Lcd screens need a backlight that reflects light off of a silvery reflective foil behind the actual lcd. The light coming off the foil causes the screen to be visible. If the backlight dies the lcd may still have a picture but you can't see it because it is not illuminated unless you look really closely with great eyes.

I am not sure how easy it is to replace just the backlight so be forwarned.

Dave