MBM Screens

sharko

Ok, I got it to work, I had the CPU value_id correct the first time around. I didnt realize you had to remove and add the screen in to cc2 to get it to pick up any changes you made to the file. Thanks for the help.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

daks001

Here is an example of Multi-Graphs on a 631 display, they display the CPU. Case , and HDC information from MBM then one display 3 bargraphs and the other displays three histograms.

I've put some comments in the sample screens that will have to be removed before use, delete everything after the #'s in the screens but make sure you folow the thread above and the directions inside the screen files.

Enjoy...

Attachments

sharko

I'm not sure if this would be too much to ask, but jc634, would it be possible for you to modify the 631 MBM screen and get rid of the video card temp and display the CPU and Case temps with big numbers? :D

Reason I ask is because most of us ATI users dont have a thermal monitor on our video cards. Only those who have put one themselves or those who own a card with the "XT" extension.

jc634

Administrator
sharko said:
I'm not sure if this would be too much to ask, but jc634, would it be possible for you to modify the 631 MBM screen and get rid of the video card temp and display the CPU and Case temps with big numbers? :D

Reason I ask is because most of us ATI users dont have a thermal monitor on our video cards. Only those who have put one themselves or those who own a card with the "XT" extension.
Give me a little time...

Jim

jc634

Administrator
sharko said:

I have attached a zip file with 4 screens:

jc_mbm_big-temps.2002
jc_mbm_big-temps-1.2002
jc_MBM_CPU_bigtemps.2002
jc_MBM_MB_bigtemps.2002

The last 2 work just fine. Just remember to put in your id #'s. (see below)

[from00]
from="cc2_bigchars.ini"
sec="big-#"
opt01="id_item=3842238949" Put your id # here!!
opt02="id1=@02"
opt03="id0=@03"

Note:

1. Simply add spaces if you want to space out further (Line 1 and Line 2). If unsure, ask me to elaborate.

2. The degree symbol cannot be displayed because it uses the same routine that displays big #'s. Only 1 (I think) special character can be displayed at a time.

The first 2 kind of work, but... (see 2 above). I tried 2 variations to see what I could get for output. I think that this is what you want (both temps on same screen), but they don't work, because of #2 above.

Assuming that what you would ultimately want is both temps on 1 screen, you might ask daks (who is really much better than I at understanding some of the underlying programing) or ask CC admin to debug to see if either I screwed up(!) or if it possible to change the program to accommodate more than 1 special character at a time.

I realize that this is alot to throw at you:) ; it is sometimes difficult to explain all the the details, when sometimes I do not understand them all.:D

Jim

Attachments

daks001

jc634 said:

The first 2 kind of work, but... (see 2 above). I tried 2 variations to see what I could get for output. I think that this is what you want (both temps on same screen), but they don't work, because of #2 above.

Assuming that what you would ultimately want is both temps on 1 screen, you might ask daks (who is really much better than I at understanding some of the underlying programing) or ask CC admin to debug to see if either I screwed up(!) or if it possible to change the program to accommodate more than 1 special character at a time.
Jim
The display hardware characterset only allows a total of 8 custom characters at a time on the screen. Since Bigchar uses 4 for the top row and 4 for the bottom row you cannot run two different bigchars at the same time on the same screen and why it will not work on the same screen as cchar(0-8), showgif(4-8), hbar(2?) and histogram(4?).
If you go over this, the last 8 characters are what gets used and can cause some unplanned displays on the screen.

reider

vela13 said:
on another matter... I would prefer to use speedfan as I am sure in the future it will be able to read my graphic card temps. At the moment i am using mbm and rivatuner (with the 631 rivatuner screen)

my problem is that my motherboard handles my fan speeds for me and does it very well. If i run speedfan it runs my fans at 100%, is there any way to tell speedfan to leave my fans at the speed they are currently running?

i know this isn't speefan support but just wondered if an obviously clever chap like yourself knows...
This is an excellent thread and I intend coming back and trying some of the MBM stuff as I have a particular use for it. But, in reply to the bit about Speedfan and fan speeds I will give what could be the answer here. I do not wish to take over this thread with an off topic discussion so please PM me for more details or start a seperate thread. Then I can come back here and mooch around a bit.

5 Steps To Heaven

(1) Open speedfan whilst it is running.
(2) Hit the configure button.
(3) Hit the speeds tab, change it to 5% min to 15% max provided you know this will adequately cool your computer.
(4) Place a tick in 'automatically variated' and repeat this tick plus the min/max values for every speed showing on this tab.
(5) Hit ok button. At the main screen place a tick in 'automatic fan speed', reboot n smoke yer fave cheroot!!!

Make sure speedfan is loaded in the Windows startup folder. Now this gives you automatic 15%, you want to deviate it then you now know how. Keep an eye on the temps n don`t burn that mother out! If you`re gonna play games, then temporarily take the tick out of auto and turn all fans to 100% by keying the value in to each box (the tab key and an identical value are quick n easy). Return the tick in auto when you return, it will bring them back to 15% power itself.

We look after you here, don`t be too impatient-you have to fool with any software at least a little bit! It is imperative that you change to 100% when playing games. Luckily I have a reminder because I still see the live temps in both LCD windows whilst I`m playing.

Steve

sharko

Thanks for trying anyway jc634, I see now its limited by the hardware.

I thought it was working but the same temp appeared in big numbers for both the CPU and MB, even after rechecking to see if I had the id's right.

jc634

Administrator
sharko said:

I thought it was working but the same temp appeared in big numbers for both the CPU and MB, even after rechecking to see if I had the id's right.
Perhaps Crystalfontz might update their BIOS's someday? I wouldn't hold my breath, tho:)

I am still waiting for them to release their "(in)famous" daughterboard for the 631!

Jim

jc634

Administrator
sharko said:

Also, you can use the indivdual temp screens. They do work just fine!

Jim

CF Tech

Administrator
jc634 said:
Perhaps Crystalfontz might update their BIOS's someday? I wouldn't hold my breath, tho:) . . .
Unfortunately, every "character" LCD controller I am aware of has the 8-custom character limit. The next step would be a graphics display, which adds to complexity & cost, although it does add flexibility.
jc634 said:
. . . I am still waiting for them to release their "(in)famous" daughterboard for the 631!
I think before the end of February 2005 you will see some new products, including the SCAB.

reider

CF Tech said:
Unfortunately, every "character" LCD controller I am aware of has the 8-custom character limit. The next step would be a graphics display, which adds to complexity & cost, although it does add flexibility.I think before the end of February 2005 you will see some new products, including the SCAB.
The SCAB??? Whats that all about? Sounds interesting.

Steve

Jutias

jc634 MBM Screens

Need help with setting up the MBM temp screens.
Changed the id's to my value id's and no go.
Even set all your temp id's to my CPU temp value id and no go.
Screens come up in my 631 and 634 but no temps.
I think I need a mbm screen setup for Dummys.
Took a screen shot of my mbm ini file and attached it.

thanks

Jutias

Attachments

Jutias

Screen File ???

Man that was quick.
What do you mean...Screen File.
I was trying to use your "jc_mbm_temp files".

Jutias

jc634

Administrator
You bet, yes. I assume that you have modified it for your mbm values. If I look at the file and and screen printout, I can probably figure the problem.

I do assume that you are getting temp reading in mbm, also. I know it is it dumb question;) , but I do have to ask.

Jim

Jutias

MBM

Just to let you know....I'm heading for work and not
iqnoring you if you post again.

See you in the morning.

Thanks Again For Your Trouble.

Jutias