LCD Video board.

elimitator

I have a Sharp LQ11S353, and the video board (Toshiba part#= FV4VD2) Well I have searched all over for datasheets, and pin outs and found nothing on these parts. If someone could help me It would help me GREATLY! Please help me.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
That might be tough. The Toshiba part looks to be intended to only be sold as a part of a laptop, so it would typically not have documentation published outside of Toshiba.

Probably the best bet would be to find an old laptop that has both the controller board and the LCD in it. That way at least you would know that the controller and LCD would work. You would still need to try to figure out the connection to the controller board.

What is your overall project? Maybe there is an other approach.

elimitator

I got the LCD and the control board out of the same labtop. The labtop worked, so the control board and the inverter and the lcd works. Could you give me an Idea of what the pinouts might be like. I dont know how many pins are on the Motherboard connection, probably over 100. But the 2 connections that go to the LCD have 20, and 40 pins. My main progect is to build in some video in connections of any type.

CF Tech

Administrator
No real idea. I would guess that the big connector to the MB is some variant on PCI. But that is only a guess. Even if it is PCI, it is not a trivial job to talk to a PCI device, and an almost impossible job with out documentation of the device.

Best bet at this point would be to:

1) give up n this approach (sorry)

2) look for docs on the big chip that is on the board.

elimitator

Alright, im goin to contact a department of Toshiba that handles info on Part #s. Hopefully that will get me some help.

Heffo

You will still need to contact Toshiba in regards to their interface. The controller chip interfaces either PCI or VESA Local Bus which is pretty old hat these days.

I am putting my money on a PCI Interface, but trying to map the pins on the LCD board to the connections for a PCI slot would be almost impossible without inside information.

Unless you are trying to interface the board directly to a desktop style PC I would look at finding another solution, emulating a PCI slot with microcontrollers would be an EXTREMELY complicated task!

elimitator

I found out that that motherboard connection is a PCI slot. Also, I have a fully maped out diagram,

And i have a list telling specificaly what each pin is and does. In the datasheet document it says that it is capable to have video input.