LCD 633 NT Service

davidy2k

Hi
I've heard of a 633 NT service that have been tested by procooling... Well this seem to be very interesting for me so the question is where could i found a beta (alpha ?) version of this service ?

Regards,
David GUENAULT
http://www.magicelec.com
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

davidy2k

hi there !
Thank a lot for the 633 service.
Well i've got an issue while trying to start the service (i'm under win XP french). Each time i've tryed to start it ... well the service crash. After viewing logs event i 've noticied that this was a localisation problem. In france (and may be in others countries) the decimal separator is ',' not '.' so i've changed this in regional setting and all worked fine. Hope that this will help others user/betatesters.

I've got a question for you . Should it be possible to manage FAN RPM through 633 service using onboard temp sensors and ?
May be with MBM ......

great job !
Regards
David

CF Mark

Administrator
Good one on working out the "," problem... ill remeber that for anyone else that has the same problem.

The 633-Service can only use the temp sensors connected to the 633 as a reference for setting fan speed.
This might change in the future though....

davidy2k

Anyway for the temps i just finished writting a vb application that act as a gateway between the service and MBM.... so i can control fan rpm with my mobo temp sensors ... :D :D
I've another question for you. What kind of messages does your service accept (exept for start and stop). It will be very usefull for me having one that force service to reload the configuration file without stoping and starting him....

regards,
david
http://www.magicelec.com

giulioncl

Hello, I own a 633 and currently I use the 633-service on Win2k, togheter with MBM5 (as service); it works well, but only if I use the .ini file without the gui.
I've had to connect the USB cable to an internal connector of an Adaptec USB pci card, because with the onboard USB (Asus P4PE-X) the service stopped often.

I would like to know if , in the future....., CC2 can read the motherboard's temperature (CPU core ecc.), and regulates the fans accordingly.
I think that this will be a great feature.
Another good feature is that more temps can be associated to a fan.
Anyway I hope that the new CC2 software will not delay too much to arrive.

Giulio

take a look at this:

http://www.mcubed-tech.com/eng/produkte.htm

CF Mark

Administrator
CC2 can regulate fan speeds using the 633's own temp sensors.
I doubt ill support control the fan via the motherboards own temp sensors.

giulioncl

Thanks for your answer, I've the temp sensors; can more temps be associated to a single fan editing the .ini?

Giulio

giulioncl

It's important for me to know if multiple temperatures can be associated to a single fan editing the 633-service.ini.

thanks

Giulio

CF Mark

Administrator
No, it can't.

One temp sensor per fan.

So you would like an average of a few temp sensors to control a single fan or simmilar?

The 633-Service won't have any non-critical updates in the future, but I would consider adding this to CrystalControl2.

CF Mark

Administrator
Well minimum/maximum/average could be options.

Ill put this on my to-do list.
I doubt itll make it into the first release of CC2 though.

giulioncl

CC2 for 633 ... is here!

Finally! thank you! it looks like it works very well and solid. Very good fan control features, as requested.
A question: I have used, until today, the original NT 633 service together with MBM, so I monitored the fan speeds and temperatures through MBM. How can I do the same thing now with the latest CC2? There is a way to send to MBM the RPMs and temps readings?
Thank you, Giulio ;)

jc634

Administrator
Re: CC2 for 633 ... is here!

giulioncl said:
Finally! thank you! it looks like it works very well and solid. Very good fan control features, as requested.
A question: I have used, until today, the original NT 633 service together with MBM, so I monitored the fan speeds and temperatures through MBM. How can I do the same thing now with the latest CC2? There is a way to send to MBM the RPMs and temps readings?
Thank you, Giulio ;)
Check the user screen forum in CC2. You should be able to find what you want there.

There are also many default screens that come with CC2.

Jim

giulioncl

I've tried the screens that comes with CC2 and I have seen the screen forum but I can't find nothing that send 633 RPMs and temps to MBM or to the screen. The Speedfan screens read the motherboard temps, voltage etc. and send them to the lcd.
I like to use MBM because:

I can see all the 633-RPMs, 633-temps, motherboard temps voltage etc, together in MBM dashboard screen on my monitor;

it can monitor them with alarms and eventually hibernate the PC.

The alarms option in the CC2 is buggy; I have tried to add manually a line in lcd_633.ini

temp01_name="Maxtor"
temp01_uid="0xBE00000040C8A028"
temp01_alarm_min=10.000000
temp01_alarm_max=20.000000
temp01_enable_alarms=1
temp01_shutdown_on_alarm=1
temp01_id_name=1712521695
temp01_id_alarm=1088307391
temp01_id_temp=1670665293
temp01_id_temp_min=2382929895
temp01_id_temp_max=1487468509

so the PC Shutdown after 10 seconds, but it don't give me any previous alarm or option to manually stop the shutdown, and it don't turn off the PC ( .. now it's possible to turn off the computer ...).

Actually MBM has options that CC2 have not; so if it's not possible to use MBM together with CC2, like I used to do with old 633 NT service, it would be nice if it could be added in the next realise of CC2:

1) sound alarms
2) run a program on alarm (shutdown/hibernate)
3) a dashboard screen, a sort of big virtual lcd, that can display all the 633 readings and the Speedfan readings
4) eventually, fan regulation based also on Speedfan temps.

thanks, Giulio ;)