Fan Speed Control based on Temp Readings?

cp10932

Can the CrystalControl software be configured for the 633 to adjust fan speed of any of the fans based on temperature reading(s)? Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
CrystalControl cant, but some other software im working on for the 633 will.
Its an NT service though, so itll only run under WinNT4/2k/XP.

It will probably be a little while before its out yet though.

Last edited:

cp10932

That sounds great !!!! What features are you thinking about implementing? Could I ask for the following???

* Ramping up/down of fan speed in steps of 3-5 (e.g. OFF-25%-50%-75%-FULL).
* Individual control of each fan.
* User customizable conditions to determine fan speed setting. Leave the choice of these conditions (both variable and threshold) to the users.
* Fan fail and high temp alert; e.g. flashing/scrolling of some nice bitmap across the LCD.
* User customizable high temp threshold.

I would be more than glad to be one of your beta testers if you do plan to run beta program.

Thanks.

CF Mark

Administrator
At the moment:
- The idea of the service will be that the user doesnt have any direct control over the fans speeds.
- It will be setup using an INI file.
- To control a fans speed manually, the INI file has to be changed and the service restarted.
- Automatic control of the fans speed is via a target temprature (using a temp sensor accociated with the fan) or one temp sensor compared with another.
- Alarms are reported to the NT event manager.
- Values inserted into MBM and CC.

But a lot of this could change.
Ill let you know when beta testing starts (it will probably be a public beta test anyway).

cp10932

It's good enough if the user can customize the operation using .INI file. I look forward to the release of this software. Thanks.

cp10932

One more question ...

Can I run this new NT service with CrystalControl?? If not, how can we control what's displayed?