That sounds great !!!! What features are you thinking about implementing? Could I ask for the following???
* Ramping up/down of fan speed in steps of 3-5 (e.g. OFF-25%-50%-75%-FULL).
* Individual control of each fan.
* User customizable conditions to determine fan speed setting. Leave the choice of these conditions (both variable and threshold) to the users.
* Fan fail and high temp alert; e.g. flashing/scrolling of some nice bitmap across the LCD.
* User customizable high temp threshold.
I would be more than glad to be one of your beta testers if you do plan to run beta program.
At the moment:
- The idea of the service will be that the user doesnt have any direct control over the fans speeds.
- It will be setup using an INI file.
- To control a fans speed manually, the INI file has to be changed and the service restarted.
- Automatic control of the fans speed is via a target temprature (using a temp sensor accociated with the fan) or one temp sensor compared with another.
- Alarms are reported to the NT event manager.
- Values inserted into MBM and CC.
But a lot of this could change.
Ill let you know when beta testing starts (it will probably be a public beta test anyway).