Display Setup Questions

KeaneE

A few months ago, i was looking at my case, and saw that i have an Extra floppy bay empty. Now, needing to find something to put there!, i automatically came up with this site. I have a few questions about the setup that would be required though.

1) the 631, is for 3.5" bays, correct?
2) I would like the USB version, does it draw its power from USB, or will i be forced to use the Molex/Floppy power?
3) Ive seen them programmed to do words, with this setup, is it entirely possible to do custom graphics?

Thank youfor your help in advance,
Keaner
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

KeaneE

Hate to reply myself but:

I purchased a Red LED version with a Black cover and the internal USB connector this evening, after finding the answers to the above questions (except for #3).

KeaneE

Thank you for your response. I have but 1 further question:

I have done quite a bit of programming in my life, and aspire to make that my career, (im a senior in HS) so i was of course interested in dabbling in a setup.

I noticed that many people make their scripts in VB, is it possible to do this in a nice language, like C++ or something? Also, is there a beginners guide to programming for these things?

Thank you in advance.