Crystal Control v1.04 build 215

Taraku

I installed CC v1.04 and was starting to configure my screens via SimLCD so when I get my LCD I will ba able to know exactly what I want etc etc..
After playing with CC for a while, I can no longer "push" any of the buttons on the CC settings dialogue box. I can move the configure program around, i just cant interface with anything in it.
I tried doing the normal uninstall reinstall, it didn't work. I went to the directory that I installed CC to removed everything from there, then reinstalled, still no way for me to interface. Through all this the SimLCD shows the last screen I made (MBM5 CPU Temp)
Any suggestions?

--WinXP Pro
--AthlonXP
--CC v1.04 b215
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Taraku

Tried rebooting after uninstalling etc too.. no avail :(

Another question... where does CC keep all its screen and module data? That way I can delete that and see if it will help.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Thats an odd problem... havnt heard of it before.

Settings are in the registy:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CrystalControl

Taraku

Removed all those values from the registry and still didn't work. Its like the CC window isn't in focus. (The title bar always has the inactive colors) Turning off visual themes, running in different compatability modes don't work either.

Taraku

I figured out my problem, CC dosn't support LiteStep!
When I first installed it, it worked OK, but after closing it and reopening it, it failed to work correctly.
Is there any way possible to get this software to support LiteStep?
It shouldn't be that hard seeing as this is the only software program ever that i have seen not support it.

Taraku

Windows shell replacement. So instead of me using "explorer.exe" as my shell I am running "litestep.exe" (smaller footprint, and allows for total customization of the shell while still keeping Win32 compatability)

CF Mark

Administrator
Taraku said:
allows for total customization of the shell while still keeping Win32 compatability...
If it did, CrystalControl would be working :p

I cant think of anything special that CrystalControl does that would cause these problems.

At the moment i couldnt really justify the time & im sure many headaches trying to solve this problem in CrystalControl as im spending all of my time working on CrystalControl2.

Is there anyway to run Explorer as the shell temporarily?
If you can, you could quite easily setup CrystalControl, hotkeys, etc then go back into LiteStep.

Taraku

Yeah, CC works fine for writing to the LCD etc, just cant interface with the settings dialogue box while in LS. Was just wondering if in the program it called for explorer.exe exclusively. I gunna see what I can do to make it work. Just was wierd that this was the only program I am having problems with. Thanks.