Crystal Control Not Responding

NascarFool

I installed the latest Crystal Control to use with an SDK204 434 v 2.0. When I try to configure the LCD, the program quits responding. Everything works fine with Win Test.
operating System is WinXP Pro SP1a.
1.06 and 1.07 quits responding when attempting to configure the settings. Is there a program out that will work with this thing or have I wasted hard earned money on it ? :mad:
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Sorry for the delay,

I havn't come across this problem before.
At what stage does CrystalControl stop responding; while in the module config dialog, or when you hit the ok or apply buttons?

NascarFool

I installed it again last night after uninstalling and deleting registry entries. After rebooting, I go through the Module Configuration. After choosing the correct settings and clicking OK it returns to the LCD Settings and the software quits responding.

*More Info:
WinXP Pro with SP1a
Crystalfontz SKD204-634 v. 2.0 Serial LCD
Serial to USB adapter
Crystal Control 1.6

Last edited:

NascarFool

*Edit:
I replaced the serial to usb cable with a serial cable and connected directly to the serial port. All is well now. :)

NascarFool

It did the same thing on my laptop with the usb adapter. Unfortunately, my laptop doesn't have any serial ports.