Connector/cabling on CFAH2002A series

tedmarshall

My company bought a bunch of CFAH2002A-TMI-JP modules several years ago and I now need to order some more (actually the -JT replacement) but I have a question. The ones we have here have a ~6" ribbon cables soldered to the interface connection (the ribbon cable wires are soldered directly to the board). No-one here remembers if we received them at way or if we had someone locally add the cable. Looking at the datasheet and photographs on your web site, I see no sign of the cable so I assume the latter.

How exactly does the module come from CrystalFontz? Empty holes or pin header (pointing to the front or the back?) or what?

Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The modules are generally shipped as shown with empty holes.

Is there a sticker on the back of the module that shows DPxxxx ? If so we may have added the connectors as a semi-custom part number.

In any case, we can add connectors and possibly the ribbon cables. For this you would need to contact support@crystalfontz.com there is typically a minimum order and a nominal charge.

For small quantities it is usually easier to get some headers and cables from Digi-Key, and do them on your side, but we can add the connector even for small quantities.

tedmarshall

Thanks for the quick response.

No, no DP... sticker so I'd say we had someone do it.

Easy enough for us to add a header and make an IDC ribbon cable. We'll go that route.