CFAH1602A versus CFAH1602B

decartwr

I've finished a prototype product using a CFAH 1602A panel, and it's working nicely. But the circuit board is 88 x 44 mm, and a smaller board would work better for me.

The "B" panels (1602B) are smaller, only 80 x 36 mm.

Is there someplace that compares these two families, in a summary fashion? If I'm happy with the "A", will I be equally happy with the "B"?

I read the data sheets for both types, and not surprisingly they are quite similar.

Viewing angles seem quite different, however, and a few voltages differ (slightly).
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
They are pretty much the same. Same glass, same controller. Only the PC is a different size.

decartwr

OK, but here's what confuses me...

The CFAH1602B-YYB-JPE datasheet says:

V viewing angle is 10 through 105
H viewing angle is -30 through 30
T rise/fall is 200 typical, 300 max

The CFAH1602A-YYB-JP says:

V viewing angle is 10 through 40
H viewing angle is -40 through 40
T rise/fall is 150 typical, 200 max

If they are the same glass and the same controller, why are these optical characteristics so different?

I'm at a point where I need to commit to one or the other, so I'm trying to *really* understand these guys.

CF Tech

Administrator
I would guess that one of the data sheets is in error. If you would write support(at)crystalfontz{dot}com (edit to '@' & '.') the tech will open a ticket and sort out what is going on.