CFA-631 And a shuttle SN25P

penz

Hi

Quick question about the above combo. I have a 25P which would house one of these devices very nicely although the usb header on the shuttle does not like standard usb header plugs, the usb header on the shuttle is a small white socket which is almost like the small power sockets - this means that you can only get 2 or maybe 3 plugs on before you run out of space.

Could you confirm if the usb header cable has thin header plugs or are they quite square?

If the plugs are quite large would it be possible to shave the sides down?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

penz

So they are the standard ones then, i'll try and find a pic to see what you think of the shuttle ones

CF Tech

Administrator
I do not think you could cut our connectors down. I think you would have to "ohm out" the signals, cut, strip, solder & heat-shrink to do it right.

penz

Thanks for the advice

Think i'll get the external usb connection and then buy a internal cable as well - at least this way i can work on the internal cable whilst ensuring that i can use the device via the external usb.

Am i right in thinking that the unit is exactly the same and the only difference is the termination of the cable i.e. one has usb pins for header and the other has an external usb plug??

reider

My shuttle has two banks of four (or maybe 5 n a blank, which aren`t used anyway) connectors. The wire connectors fit aok and are a fairly standard part, except some computers adapt the full block connector instead of the singular approach, the latter is a better design though. On yours it may be different but the connectors are rectangular rather than square so you may find they fit better one way rather than another.

Failing this, get to the Sudhian forum and message Odie (shuttle 'high up' and quite approachable), ask him if a connector block is sold. With a suitable wired connector block attached to the mobo you may be able to fit small sheaved bullet connectors to the other end.

Just one or two ideas to keep you going. Get back to us if you`re still stuck. It would be in your best interests to join the Sudhian forum if not already a member, as well as regular visits here too.

EDIT:
On further investigation of this Shuttle perhaps you may wish to discuss drivers with CF Tech, if you`re using the Athlon 64.....

Steve

Last edited:

penz

reider said:
My shuttle has two banks of four (or maybe 5 n a blank, which aren`t used anyway) connectors. The wire connectors fit aok and are a fairly standard part, except some computers adapt the full block connector instead of the singular approach, the latter is a better design though. On yours it may be different but the connectors are rectangular rather than square so you may find they fit better one way rather than another.

Failing this, get to the Sudhian forum and message Odie (shuttle 'high up' and quite approachable), ask him if a connector block is sold. With a suitable wired connector block attached to the mobo you may be able to fit small sheaved bullet connectors to the other end.

Just one or two ideas to keep you going. Get back to us if you`re still stuck. It would be in your best interests to join the Sudhian forum if not already a member, as well as regular visits here too.

EDIT:
On further investigation of this Shuttle perhaps you may wish to discuss drivers with CF Tech, if you`re using the Athlon 64.....

Steve
Thanks for the advice and yeah i'm a member of Sudhian - Whats the deal with Driver support and A64s?

reider

penz said:
Thanks for the advice and yeah i'm a member of Sudhian - Whats the deal with Driver support and A64s?
Just to check if their are likely to be any incompatibility problems with the A64. Better to be safe than sorry.

Steve

reider

Looking at the message dates, it looks like the problem was sorted long ago. It was asked 27th May and last reply the day after on 28th.

The thread in Sudhian only started 04.09 so it wouldn`t have helped back in May. Glad you got sorted though, nice to see Sudhian still active.

Steve

knowley

yeah I was just posting the info incase anyone else found this thread.

Yeah the sudhian forums are still alive, I've been a member over there for yonks now, since the forums were dedicated to abit motherboards...