CF633 ATX Power - stay on while lost power

jabberwock

Hello Guy,

I use CF633 that set ATX Power function. I got some problem while the system lost power by any accident. When the power back, LCD stay in OFF mode. I need to set it in ON mode while power come back after lost power.

Thank
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Thank you for your post.

The CFA-633 cannot automatically power your system back on after a power failure.

This operation can be set in the BIOS of many PCs. Perhaps you solve the probelm by setting your BIOS?

jabberwock

At this moment, I use your LCD with proprietary board and custom ATX power supply which match function with your LCD panel. So, I cannot set BIOS for stay on mode.

In your document, at "LCD_OFF_IF_HOST_IS_OFF" may apply for fix my problem or not? Any circuit need to change for support this function.

Please help for this case.

CF Tech

Administrator
Since the +5vSB is always on, and the CFA-633 is powered by the +5vSB in ATX configuration, it looks silly when the computer is off and the LCD is on.

LCD_OFF_IF_HOST_IS_OFF controls whether the display looks "off" when the +5v goes away (the PC is off).

Is this a single system you are building, or some kind of a product you are going to manufacture in volume? We could modify the firmware to do what we want (we have built a custom module that does exactly that), but the cost to do custom firmware is prohibitive for a single system.