CC Not Responding

ForNeverEnding

I just upgraded my computer with a Tyan S2466 Dual Processor motherboard and now I can't get Crystal Control to work. The program runs fine but as soon as I add my 634 to the LCD modules list and then test the settings, the LCD lights up, shows the test, but then CC freezes and windows pops up with "Not Responding." I am using Windows XP Pro and currently using CC v0.96. Also, the same thing happens when I use LCDriver and try and test settings, the application goes to the Not Responding state. So, i know it's not a software issue, just a config or driver issue. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

Scott Biggart
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

ForNeverEnding

Ok, i just ran Wintest, dropped the baud down to 9600 and the same thing happened when it tried to connect. The Crystalfontz splash on the LCD popped up, then the blinking black square in the top left, and then the program hangs up.

ForNeverEnding

Another update. I just ran Wintest again, and waited before closing the program down and it came up with an error that read something like this: BufferLoad(): 1 of 10 bits sent (im not sure if that's exactly it because I was never able to reproduce the error) I also tried running Smartie 5.0 and got "Output buffer is full; check comm status". So, im assuming it has something to do with a buffer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

CF Mark

Administrator
Hi,

Yeh, we know CrystalControl may have issues with MP machines.
Still trying to work out whats causing the problems though.

This is the first time ive heard of problems with WinTest on a MP box though. Ive heard of it running fine on other PCs.

ForNeverEnding

Ok, well...i hope you figure out the problem...if you need me to send any debug information please let me know. This is a great product and it would be wonderful if I could use it once again.