Can the CF633 read an AMD CPU diode?

jaydee116

I am setting up a water block test bed and finding this CF633's temp monitoring and logging very useful. My main problem however is I got a DOW sensor under the AMD CPU on the mobo and it just isn't cutting it. The problem I believe is heat gets stored under there giving a false high reading. The only way around this is to use the on die diode of the CPU. I am just curious if I could solder the wires to the pins on the CPU that have the diode and somehow use the CF633 to read the diode?

In not I will try and pickup a kit from maxim to do it... http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm/qv_pk/3228

Also do you guys have an actual store we can walk into here in Spokane? If I want more sensors it would be a lot easier to just come down an buy them being I live here to... No big deal if not.

Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
We can't read the diode. Using Speedfan and CC2 (or MBM & CC1) you should be able to get it to show on the LCD though.

You can visit our location:

Crystalfontz America Inc.
12412 East Saltese Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99216-0357

(basically at 16th & Pines)

Between 9:00a and 3:00p there should be somewone there that could run your order. Better yet, place it on the web and pur "will call" in for the special instructions.