Can I put this in my case?

fAt_sUnNy

Hello guys,

I heard about these awesome products you guiys made from guys who own your products (duh!!!). Well anyway, I saw this awesome LCD and this is the model number :

CFAH2002A-TMC-JP
20x2 Negative Transmissive White LED Backlit LCD Module

I really like this and want to put it in my computer case. I have a Lian Li PC 65 and it has a window with a blue cold cathode light. I think this LCD kit will look awesome. But my question to you guys is: Can I put this in my case? Do you offer like PC Drive bay mounting brackets where I can put this LCD module in a 5.14" size bracket that will fit in my case's 5.14" Bay?

You guys can instant meesage me too using AIM. My screen name is fatsunny786 and my ICQ nick is fAt_sUnNy. This is important guys so please help me out.

Check out some pics of my case :

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kbernas/files/host/DSCF0165.JPG

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kbernas/files/host/DSCF0185.JPG

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~kbernas/files/host/DSCF0007.JPG

*NOTE - There IS a dash after the "www". Don't put a dot, because then it won't work. Just copy and paste the link.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
We do not have a PC mounting kit for any of the parallel displays. There is often a lot of trouble when people try to connect the parallel displays. Please see the disclaimer on the CGAH_WinTest page.

One of our customers mounted a CFAH2002A-TMC-JP in a Lian-Li and did a very nice looking job.

Please just be aware that all of our displays are tested and verified functional before they are shipped, they are easily damaged by incorrect voltages and ESD, so if there is trouble it is not very likely that the display is "bad", it is much more likely that it has been damaged.

It is also very possible to damage the backlight by conecting it incorrectly. Please read and understand this thread before you attempt to apply power to the backlight.

There are a bunch of "tutorial" links on connecting a parallel HD44780 LCD to a PC's parallel port in this post.

fAt_sUnNy

Hey crystalfontz,

Okay you know what, I'll just forget about the parallel LCDs. I rather just go with the serial ones.

What I wanted to ask you was that please take a look at the pictures of my case, and then tell me which serial LCD module will be the best for my case (I mean color wise, size wise, etc.). I know you guys are maybe thinking "Why the hell is he asking us to choose one for him" but the reason I'm doing this is that I haven't seen these in person before. I have only seen pics and I am pretty sure that they don't look like how they do in the pics. So please suggest some for my case. Remember please that it is a Lian Li PC 65 aluminum case. I also want to know if the mounting brackets come in aluminum color or not to match my case?

irigoth

I have only seen pics and I am pretty sure that they don't look like how they do in the pics.
Actually, the pics of the displays on the CF site are about 98% accurate.

I also want to know if the mounting brackets come in aluminum color or not to match my case?
Buy a bracket and a can of spray paint to match your case (pep-boys for your case, i have the same and found an exact color match).

And I suggest the 20x4 Negative Backlit 634, takes up the front part of 2 drive bays (put hd's behind it) and looks great. ;)

CF Tech

Administrator
Funny you should mention Lian-Li. I just happen to have a very limited number of "brushed aluminum look" face plates that match the Lian-Li very well. They are not on the web yet, but if you want to order a regular kit for a 632 or 634 and put "I authorize $10 additonal for the brushed aluminum look face plate" we can ship them now :)

fAt_sUnNy

Hey crystalfontz,

Thanks for the pics man! they look awesome. I don't know if I should be saying this here but matrixorbital has some LCd modules also and one of their kits is available with the inverse blue display. I think that is the best color available but the thing is that neither your 632 or 634 are available in that color. Is it possible for me to make a custom order where a make one with the inverse blue display? I am asking this because you guys to offer some products with the blue inverse display. Also, I think I will be purchasing your LCD module because of the brushed aluminum bracket that you guys offer :).