Access violation in simulated LCD

arockj

I get the following message using the crystalcontrol software in the simulated LCD mode. I don't have an LCD (it's on order), and I was hoping to test it out before i actually got the LCD.

"Access violation at address 0049f234 in mode crystalcontrol.exe read of "address 00000000"

Any thoughts? I'm using WinXP Pro SP1, logged in as an administrator user.

Thanks,
Eric
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

arockj

specifically, i can install the software. I can run the program. I can add a module okay (in this case, simulated LCD). When I try to add a screen, however, I get the above message in an error box. The program will even load the add screen screen, but my cursor turns to an hourglass, and I cannot make changes to the add screen screen (is that confusing? sorry).

mr.cool

hi i have the same prob

i buy the Crystalfontz SKD204-634-SG-LG-T LCD
i open the paket and place the great lcd in my comp
i have inst. the lcd driver and then crystalfontz
after the lcd driver test i start crystalfontz lcd settings
yay its working but when i go to add new screen
i have many errors like : access violation at address 0046c44e in module crystalcontrol.exe . read of adress 00000018 and so one
the lcd is new but i can not use it :( no modul setup
whats the f.. is this error?
please help

arockj

Another system

I did try installing the software on another system. SP1 not installed. Worked fine. I'm considering a reformat. Drastic measures, I know, but the other software out there just doesn't do as good of a job as this does. Now that I've tried it, I really want to use it with my LCD

mgs1000

I had the same problem. 632 w/ XP Pro.
(No service pack)

I just uninstalled the .99 CrystalControl software and installed version .98. It works just fine with the older software.

Last edited:

arockj

Fixed it - the hard way

Well, must have been a conflict with something else that was installed. Did a fresh install of windows and all is working fine now.

resalution

MGS i have the same porblem running the 634 usb windows xp pro. i have the error message like all u guys are talking about. Can u show the the steps u took to correct the problem. thanks

resalution

Heres the prob. after that I get the hourglass and can't get anything to show up on the LCD. I can only load the screens that Crystalcontrol has with its program.

Heres a screen I got from Crystalfontz program (I didn't make this)

Last edited:

NiTRo

I'VE FOUUUUUUUUUUUUUND

I got the same problem and after installing .NET Framework it works !!!!!!!!!!!

awesome !!!!!

so if the admin could explain it would be great !

See ya !

CF Mark

Administrator
.NET framework.

Hmmm.

Ill go through my logs and work out what SimLCD code i changed between V0.98 and V0.99.

NiTRo

it's my turn now...

i'got a problem about the network information, on my 634 i display the internet trafic and recently it doesn't work (sorry for my english...)

So it display the bytes/sec received and sent for 15 Minutes and slowdown to 0 and stop ! so i must shutdown crystal control and restart then it works for 15 min...

PLEASE HELP :D

NiTRo

and now "network information" menu disappeared of my perfmon

:confused:

any ideas ???

Last edited: