A Custom Design:

GhETToHooLIgAn

I was just wondering. So you can make a totally custom LCD?

Is it posible you guys can do the following:
-Make it the size i want (around 6x4in)
-Make it so the chipboard thing doesn't overlap, and make it hardly visible.
-Make it so it can easily fit on a window. (Like an indentation and screws.)
-Put it on for me? (I would send you the side of my computer with an exact sheet of instructions of where and how I want it.)

I'm just thinking right now...not buying yet
and is it possible to get custom software too? :D
Like maybe set up favorites (and like have the game one be used when i start a game that applies to that)(also have 2 buttons to cycle thru the different favorites and show their name (System,HalfLife,Planetside,Music)) such as:

Setup1(System):
-picture
-internet speed (if possible)
-hdd space
-cpu temp (i have mbm but can u get it so i don't have to run mbm?)
-ram usage
-volume level

Setup2(Gaming For HalfLife and HL mods):
-ServerName and IP
-Map
-Kills
-Deaths
-Teamscore
-internet speed (lag)
-character type (like sniper/scout whatever)
-volume level

Setup3(Gaming for planetside):
-Either shows a picture which has all stats from internet that updates or the following:
-My planetside character name i'm on
-battle rank
-command rank
-outfit
-total kills
-bases hacked
-character sex (male or female)
-faction name (NC,TR,VS)
-internet speed (lag)
-volume level

Setup4(music/winamp):
-Song Title
-Song Artist
-Album
-lyrics? (use lyrics program for winamp..lyricsx or something ill look up)(shows one (changing) line at right time)(if i don't have lyrics set up for it i want it to say No lyrics found.)
-Song Progress(length played/total song length)
-Volume Level
and really small in a corner:
-cpu temp and hdd space

How much would all of that cost? You making the LCD, installing it, and making special software...

ohy yeah...can u get the lcd to be black on a bright solid blue...?
http://ghetto.cryomew.com/lcd.jpg
Except its not that light..its a nice normal solid blue...like the outline on the lcd in that picture
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Last edited:

wax

Invest your time and money in learning to program, Visual Basic for all I care - It'd save you the 10K

Then get a friend of you to do soldering for a custom LCD and you'll probably have the setup you want after half a year and about 200$

If you really are serious about something like this I'm sure you could hire some programmer from this forum to do some coding for you, but expect to pay some good $

WillGonz

Dang you just sparked an idea. Too bad one couldn't take an old junky color laptop display and interface it with a desktop PC some how. But not for the purpose of a LCD Monitor but make it like the other LCD displays which show system stats. I got a bunch of old dusty laptops laying around. Like Pentium 133mhz.