634 and big numbers (2x1)

nschmid

Hello

We've just received our 634 and are now programing our own software for the display.

I've seen that it is possible to draw big numbers on the display and I read in the documentation (634full.pdf) how it's done for 4x4 and 4x3 characters.

Problem: I just tried JC's CPU Big Num example in CC2 and saw that it is possible to show numbers just 2 rows in height and 1 character in width (2x1). That's marvelous but unfortunatly I can't find any documentation on that... ? :(

What commands do I have to send to display such kind of numbers?

Best regards
Nathan :)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
CC2 is just defining the special characters and sending them to the display . . . it is not using any "built-in" function of the CFA-634. Essentially CC2 is doing the work for the 2-high characters, where the display does the work for the 4-high characters.

nschmid

CF Tech said:
CC2 is just defining the special characters and sending them to the display . . . it is not using any "built-in" function of the CFA-634. Essentially CC2 is doing the work for the 2-high characters, where the display does the work for the 4-high characters.
Ok thanks for the answer. Is it possible to get the special characters as a bitmap (or binary matrix or 7 chars or so)? Or do I have to recode it for my project?

Regards
Nathan