633-Service NOT WORKING

timid1

Here's the error message from my event viewer (in WindowsXP Pro):

"Connected LCD is not of supported type or firmware version. Terminating."

And this is what I get from testing the display with your 633 test program:

"C=65( 1 = Read Version),L=16,D="CFA633:h1.3,v1.5",CRC=0x4A00"

I've tried v1.02 of your 633 service as well as v1.03 and neither work. Please provide a solution.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Can you give this new version a try?

It probably wont fix your problem, but itll give error messages that will help me work out whats causing the problem.

Just stop the 633-service, and over write the old 633-service file with this new one.

Attachments

timid1

I actually knew it wouldn't work. The difference in file size was a dead give away (new was ~75kb, old was 350kb). In any case, I went ahead and replaced the 633-service executable as you instructed and tried to start the service (without restarting the computer). I didn't write down the error, and it didn't register in the Event Viewer. I remember, however, that it said something about not being able to generate a semaphore.

I figured that I should restart the system and see what other errors it might generate. This time, a fatal error was thrown and at that time I was given the option to debug or send an error report. I chose neither. I looked in the event viewer and found this:

"Faulting application 633-Service.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000."

Please please please.... you guys have been great so far...! If there's anything that I've failed to submit to get your help, please let me know.

CF Mark

Administrator
The file size is ok.
The new one is much smaller due to the use of a different compiler.

Because i cant reproduce the problem here, all i can do is ask you to try a few things...

Can you try running "633-sservice.exe" from a command prompt (start menu -> run -> "cmd").

Also, do you have the files "msvcr70.dll" and "msvcr71.dll" in your "windows\system32" directory?

timid1

I have both DLL files, and using either /install or /uninstall switches at the command prompt (as parameters for the 633-Service) yield either a "install failed" or "uninstall failed" message (respectively).

I don't know why this is causing so many problems. I don't have the time to reformat my computer to start from scratch, but that will be the next step unless you can suggest anything else.

Thank you.

CF Mark

Administrator
No, you will not have to reinstall Windows.
If the older 633-service worked (well, ran anyway), so should the new one.

Your last reply will help in working out the problem...

Can you zip up and attach your "633-service.ini" file?
It probably wont be this, but i would like to make sure anyway.

CF Mark

Administrator
Do you have Motherboard monitor running?
If you do, try starting the 633-service without MBM running.

timid1

CrystalControl Admin said:
Do you have Motherboard monitor running?
If you do, try starting the 633-service without MBM running.
Believe it or not, MBM isn't even installed on my system. Is the presence of MBM on my system a requirement?

CF Mark

Administrator
No, MBM isnt required.
I asked because it could have been causing problems.

Im running out of ideas :(

If you remove the log files, then start the service, are new logs created?