633 NT Service V1.00 - Bugs and Comments

rille

I just got the new version of the Service. I want to list the bugs here:

- Settings are not saved properly.

I think the software have great problems writing the settings to the ini-file. I attached both ini-files (in one txt-file). The only change i made was setting COM Port from COM1 to COM2. Before there were all entrys ok. But after that -> look into the ini.

I can delete the ini -> set all settings in the 633-Monitor -> then save -> works

But when I cannot change anything with the 633-Monitor, I must change it directly in the ini-File

- CrystalControl (V1.00) doesn't work with the new service, in the readme you say CC 1.01 is supported, but V1.01 is not yet available, I think it will be released in the next days

- In the Power On Settings the "Enable Fan Power Fail Settings" is grayed out
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Attachments

CF Mark

Administrator
- Settings are not saved properly.

I think the software have great problems writing the settings to the ini-file. I attached both ini-files (in one txt-file). The only change i made was setting COM Port from COM1 to COM2. Before there were all entrys ok. But after that -> look into the ini.

I can delete the ini -> set all settings in the 633-Monitor -> then save -> works

But when I cannot change anything with the 633-Monitor, I must change it directly in the ini-File
Ok, a couple of questions....
Where is the ini file placed?
When you first run the monitor, does it show the correct settings?
Does it work correctly if you use import and export from the file menu?

- CrystalControl (V1.00) doesn't work with the new service, in the readme you say CC 1.01 is supported, but V1.01 is not yet available, I think it will be released in the next days.
Yeh, sorry, i forgot to mention that in the email.
CrystalControl V1.00 doesnt work with v1.00 of the service.
CC V1.01 that does support it will be released shortly.

- In the Power On Settings the "Enable Fan Power Fail Settings" is grayed out
It is.
Its of no use at the moment.

Thanks for reporting the problems.

rille

Re: Re: 633 NT Service V1.00 - Bugs and Comments

Sorry for my late reply. I had not much time.

CrystalControl Admin said:
Ok, a couple of questions....
Where is the ini file placed?
When you first run the monitor, does it show the correct settings?
Does it work correctly if you use import and export from the file menu?
The ini is in c:\windows\.
When I first run the monitor the settings there ok. then changed COM1 to COM2, because my 633 is at COM2 -> save and restart service -> result like see the attached file from my first post.
Export worked, I think, but I'm not shure.

It is.
Its of no use at the moment.

For me this setting is important, because my CPU cooler is at the 633. But I already changed the setting with the 633-WinTest-PacketDebugger.

I installed the older Version again, because I also need CC. When will the new Version 1.01 be available?

I also have a hint for people with no english windows version:
On my computer the service often didn't start at boot. The reason was, that the region settings (I changed it to english) will be activated at logon but the service was faster and tried to start before logon.

My solution is:
Set the service to Start type "manual" and write a little batch file with the line:
sc start ServiceMonitor (sc is a commandline tool for managing services)

Save the file with extension .bat and place it in the autostart folder. Then the service will start always.

CF Mark

Administrator
Re: Re: Re: 633 NT Service V1.00 - Bugs and Comments

The ini is in c:\windows\.
When I first run the monitor the settings there ok. then changed COM1 to COM2, because my 633 is at COM2 -> save and restart service -> result like see the attached file from my first post.
Export worked, I think, but I'm not shure.
Ok, ill check on this.

For me this setting is important, because my CPU cooler is at the 633. But I already changed the setting with the 633-WinTest-PacketDebugger.
Fail-Safe is enabled by default when the 633-Service starts.
Try it... set a slow CPU fan speed, then pull out the serial connector for the 633, itll go back to default power-on speed after ~10sec.

I installed the older Version again, because I also need CC. When will the new Version 1.01 be available?
Ill try and get it out within the next week.

I also have a hint for people with no english windows version:
On my computer the service often didn't start at boot. The reason was, that the region settings (I changed it to english) will be activated at logon but the service was faster and tried to start before logon.....
The region problem will be fixed in the next version of the 633-Service which also shouldnt be too far away.
Infact, ill release it when ive fixed the editor saving problem youve been having.