631 Buttons

xtort

I have two basic displays set up on a set top box that I built from scratch. There is no monitor on this box, as it is operating as QOS device. What I was wondering is there any way I can add functionality to the buttons so that the user can switch between the Packets in/out and CPU/MEM util screens I've set up in the CC?

Pauly

PS. If not, what control would I use in my VB program to catch the input from the buttons when pressed?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

aafflyer

I'm a new 631 owner also (just got it yesterday).

Think you're out of luck until the Crystal Control 2.0 software is released. There is no documentation I know of on the packet formats used. I played with the 631 test software yesterday, and using the packet monitor mode you can see a little what is going on, but nothing you could script against.

Hopefully we'll see software soon -- playing with big number demo (in the 631 test s/w) has me anxious for what lies ahead.

Charlie

xtort

true dat

Yeah I'm anxiously awaiting support as well. I picked the 631 because it fit the bill for my set top QOS box, but it's severely crippled until the buttons function. You need a monitor and keyboard/mouse attached, which really defeats the purpose of the set-top box. Oh well I guess we'll see what CC2 has to offer.

Pauly

CF Mark

Administrator
CC1 doesnt support 631 buttons as you know :(
CC2 will do.

The packet formats are all documented in the 631 PDF found on the 631 product page.

potroast

I consider myself very technical. Would it be possible to obtain a copy of the beta? I understand that it would be "without warranty" and no responsibility for any ill-effects. I'm itching to actually use my 631 for what I bought it for -- the buttons!