160x160 graphics lcd - help!

kakashi

This isn't about a crystalfontz lcd but I thought someone here might be able to help me.

I got interested in LCDs a while back and started out with a 2x16 HD44780 character lcd which worked beautifully.

Now, I'm trying to get this graphic lcd to work. It's a 160x160 Datavision LCD w/ backlight. It's model # is DG-16160 and it uses an SED1335F controller.

I haven't had any luck getting this display to work using any of the programs I've been able to find online. I'm currently trying to use liquid-mp3, but I still can't get it to work (assuming I configured liquid-mp3 right). Any help you guys can offer is greatly apperciated.

I don't think theres anything wrong the wiring, but this is how i connected it to the parallel port:

LCD --> Parallel

1 /WR --> 16 (Init)
2 /RD --> 14 (Line)
3 /CS --> 1 (Strobe)
4 A0 --> 17 (Select)
5 /RES --> A Reset Button
6-13 D0-D7 --> 2-9 (D0-D7)

Anyone have any ideas? Or has anyone had any experience with this display?

Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

No experience with this display, but here's some ideas.

What are you using for Vlcd? According to the data sheet, you need to supply approx -18 to -20 volts to the Vlcd input JP2-3, and also have a contrast pot to feed a variable voltage to JP2-4. That's in addition to the +5 volts on JP2-2 and ground on JP2-1.

And then there's the display on/off input on JP2-5. What's connected to that?

Are you seeing anything at all on the screen (any darkness, streaks, random pixels)? If not, then the controller may not be getting initialized.