OLED CFAL2004A-Y

Ferrari355

I have a question when the datasheet says N/C does it mean it's not connected on the PCB or not meant to be connected with the pins?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
CosmicVoid has it right:
Certainly, you should make no connection to a pin marked NC. It might be a test input or output, for instance.
Sometimes, the pin also makes no connection inside the component.

Ferrari355

CosmicVoid has it right:
Certainly, you should make no connection to a pin marked NC. It might be a test input or output, for instance.
Sometimes, the pin also makes no connection inside the component.
So in replacing something that was a backlit LCD just break off pins 15,16 and 3 right? Felt good ordering from CrystalFontz again :) wow I've been here since 2001

CF Tech

Administrator
So in replacing something that was a backlit LCD just break off pins 15,16 and 3 right? . . .
By "breaking off pins", will you damage what this is going into? Looking at the traces in the photos of that OLED, it appears that 15, 16 and 3 are all of the "no connection inside the component." variety, so it should not hurt to connect them. (he says, in stark contrst to his earlier advice :rolleyes: )

. . . Felt good ordering from CrystalFontz again :) wow I've been here since 2001
Always welcome ! What is the project?

Ferrari355

By "breaking off pins", will you damage what this is going into? Looking at the traces in the photos of that OLED, it appears that 15, 16 and 3 are all of the "no connection inside the component." variety, so it should not hurt to connect them. (he says, in stark contrst to his earlier advice :rolleyes: )

Always welcome ! What is the project?
I mean it would better to leave the pins on but I just want to be sure but it looks like it would be fine..

I would be replacing a white/blue LCD to OLED on a 3D printer it seems this OLED is a tad bit larger but a new housing I think should take care of it.