Windows XP64 (64-bit) USB drivers?

macman

I have a 635+SCAB and have been using the R2154 64-bit drivers with CrystalControl2 (20060226/144) for several months on Windows XP x64 Pro SP1. I am using a USB keyboard and mouse and every time I try to type any text in Windows (explorer.exe, notepad.exe) my system freezes until i kill CrystalControl2 and it's services.

This has persisted though several version of the 64-bit driver, CrystalControl2, and re-installations of Windows XP x64. I am 90% positive it's a conflict with this driver because everything works flawlessly when I boot using the normal 32-bit version of XP using the normal drivers. This issue is very bizarre and annoying, any suggestions and help would be appreciated!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

reider

Just an update for anyone reading/following this thread. This is dedicated purely to two types of Athlon 64 and OS installations, namely XP 32 bit and XP x64.

(1) On around 04.06.06 I successfully installed, using the normal 2154 driver, an Athlon 64 in a 32 bit XP OS. Utilising three different modules, a 631, 634, 635. The two text line 631 on internal USB and the two four text line modules (634 and 635) on external USB. They are all running the latest version of CC2 20060325, and three screens on each. These are CPU Usage Bargraph, Crystalfontz Logo and Date/Time Uptime.

(2) I formatted the previous installation as above (sob.....!) On 06.06.06, an auspicious date, I installed an Athlon 64 in a dual boot installation with XP x64 first in the boot sequence and XP 32 bit in the second sequence. I was not interested in the 32 bit scenario for this experiment so what follows is purely for the XP x64 setup.

I installed the 64 bit beta driver supplied by CrystalFontz, namely
R2154_64, plugged in the 631 internally, then added the 634 and the 635 externally. I pointed Windows to these drivers twice as new hardware was found, once each for the modules and once each for the virtual com ports assigned to USB.

CC2 version 20060325 was installed, all three modules successfully added to it. Screens currently set up and working with these modules are as follows;

631 - CPU Usage Bargraph, Crystalfontz Logo and Date/Time Uptime.

634 - CPU Usage Bargraph, Crystalfontz Logo and Date/Time Uptime.

635 - CPU Usage Bargraph, Crystalfontz Logo and Date/Time Uptime, Dimmer, CPU Useage Big Nums, GPU Temps Big Nums 635 (the last two being recent modifications to existing screens by myself).

These are working perfectly well, really pleased with them and gratefull thanks to CrystalFontz who have supplied drivers much more quickly than the likes of HP, Logitech and Creative for other peripherals. You guys already on this route know where I`m coming from with that statement!

SPECS:

Athlon 64 3400 939 CPU, NForce4-A939 Mobo, NVidea GeForce 7 256mb (+256 mb system) PCI-E Video card with fan, 1.5 gig DDR 400 (mixed-temporarily robbed some from my shuttle) memory in 4 chips, onboard LAN and sound, Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse.

Reider

reider

macman said:
I have a 635+SCAB and have been using the R2154 64-bit drivers with CrystalControl2 (20060226/144) for several months on Windows XP x64 Pro SP1. I am using a USB keyboard and mouse and every time I try to type any text in Windows (explorer.exe, notepad.exe) my system freezes until i kill CrystalControl2 and it's services.

This has persisted though several version of the 64-bit driver, CrystalControl2, and re-installations of Windows XP x64. I am 90% positive it's a conflict with this driver because everything works flawlessly when I boot using the normal 32-bit version of XP using the normal drivers. This issue is very bizarre and annoying, any suggestions and help would be appreciated!
I have just experienced this problem first hand, please check your \program files(x86)\CrystalControl2 file folders and ensure key_export.dll hasn`t been copied either manually or automatically to this folder. If it has then delete it, you may have to stop CC2 to do so, using the three fingered salute or the stop CC2 program. Three fingered salute is alt, ctrl, del and perform an endjob on cc2 service and config programs. Get rid of the offending file and restart your computer. All problems as detailed should now be gone.

This is a case of key_export.dll being placed into the CrystalControl2 folder instead of \windows\system32 where it belongs, I did it manually to check it out. It is Keyboard.dll and keyboard.ini only that should be in the \program files(x86)\CrystalControl2 folder. This reproduced the error you describe, I couldn`t even edit or add text to a normal text file. The latest version of CC2 () does not have this file accidentally or otherwise placed in there and is aok to use.

Hope this helps

Reider

macman

Thanks for your reply. I checked my /Program Files (x86)/CrystalControl2 folder and don't see any files named key_export.dll, keyboard.dll, or keybord.ini. None of these files are in /WINDOWS/system32 either. Sadly the problem still persists and i end up simply killing the service whenever I log in.

reider

mmm, this sounds like a thread I read where the .dll files were taken out of the Crystalfontz folder then added back one at a time to see which was the offending .dll.

Strange because, all I did was partition a 160gig drive roughly into two, install XP x64 on one partition then XP 32 bit on the other partition. Chuck in 64 bit CC2 drivers on the XP x64 partition, add the latest and greatest CC2 program, 3 screens on each module and it worked out the box with no changes whatsoever.

Reider

macman

I uninstalled CrystalControl 2, updated to the 2.0.0 drivers for my 635, reinstalled CrystalControl 2, restarted, and I still have the same problem when typing. Any other suggestions? I really don't feel like reinstalling Windows...

SFX Group

Hi

Can i assume as this thread was a few years ago that XP, Vista, WIndows 7, 2003 and 2008 (all 64bit) drivers are now working?

Also assume they are all the same driver needed?

Many Thanks
Ashley

CF Mark

Administrator
Im not sure about XP 64bit, as its not a commonly used OS anymore.

Drivers for the rest do appear to be stable.
I have not had any problems with the drivers under Win7 x64 myself.
I have not personally tried any other 64 bit OS, but have not heard of any problems recently.

SFX Group

CF Support2

Administrator
Windows XP x64 was almost and 'afterthought' version of the Windows OS from Microsoft. Driver support was very limited.

We have heard that the latest drivers we have posted work with XP x64:

https://forum.crystalfontz.com/show...ows-7-2008-and-64-bit-support-fix-(temporary)

These are not WHQL drivers, as we have modified the .ini files with our VID and PIDs. We are in the process of qualifying the latest version of the modified FTDI drivers as well as for other products not using the FTDI chip.