Windows XP64 (64-bit) USB drivers?

KorbenD

64 bit drivers?

I was wondering if or when drivers for Windows XP 64 Bit will be available.

Microsoft is close to releasing this OS (it's in RC2 right now) and the only thing keeping me from installing the preview of it is the lack of drivers for my Canon printer, and my 634 LCD.

Thanks!
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
I assume you are talking about the USB drivers?

I have opened a support request with the manufacturer of the USB chip (who supplies the USB driver) to see what is available for 64-bit systems.

Antara16

drivers update

I was wondering if there is any new news on the status of the drivers for windows xp 64 pro.

CF Tech

Administrator
Well, for kicks we loaded XP-64 beta on a machine and gave them a shot, but could not find a way to get them to load, much less work.

For now I guess you will have to stick to serial displays if you want to run windows 64. Kind of sad and ironic that only a 43-year old interface will work on the latest cutting edge system.

Antara16

Where can i find a 64 bit driver for serial

can you post a download link

for a 64bit driver, i wiill give you beta a try, if you have one.

i am currently running winxp64 pro

thanks

Antara16

well is there any clue is to when?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i ment for the serial, but if there isnt a driver, i was wondering when is it possible we will see one?

See, i dont know C++, plus there is a converter for 64, but the ports need to be rework. well i just wanted an update as to when?

CF Tech

Administrator
All the trouble is on the USB.

For the serial there is no problem: Any old 32-bit program runs fine and the "drivers" are built in to the OS.

macman

I just built myself a really nice 64 bit AMD system complete with a 635 only to find that there are no drivers for Windows (x64)!

Any more news on when 64-bit drivers will be released? I've been patently waiting for a while now...

insane

Havent we all :p

Kinda sux I wasted my money on this 634 to find out that we will just HAVE to use a serial ....

Last edited:

Antara16

apps seem not to work

you know i did what you said and hooked it up to serial, funny the startup application doesnt work. i get garbeald lettering, i was wondering if that had anything to do with a 64bit OS. i didnt even bother to try the standard software. what i do know that i was reading in the LCDStudio forum that they are going to have a 64 bit driver for the app. so does that mean with serial i need to have a 64 bit software to run my LCD?

I think it souldn't because my burner works from a 32 bit app, because of WOW (windows on windows). this 64 bit stuff is gitting to me.

the LCD doesnt work as well as my other devices.

but its safe to say that my LCD does start, but shows my original start screen.

what can I do, to change my starts screen? when is LCD studio going to release a beta for download (second part is hypothical)?

Antara16

does anyone know how to install these

I just tryed to install the new BETA driver, all i get in responce is that the driver isnt compatible.

I know for sure that when it asked for the source of the driver, you give a directory and then it installs and works.

simple right.

can some shed some light as to how to install? and so there no way too look like a newbie, ive had the LCD for a year and a half, with no probs, until 64bit. Im about to duel boot my system, win 64 needs a few more months.

is there anyone else who is fed up?

insane

I received the same issue which I sent an email to one of the admins who sent me these drivers a week ago, but didnt get a response.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I am also no newbie and have 3 of these on all of my machines :) USB and Serial.

Fed up? As long as we get these to work Ill be ok. I actually edited the original 32bit driver inf file to work with 64bit but received the same not compatible error.

CF Web

Administrator
Please try downloading the 64-bit Beta driver and trying again.

Apparently the one I uploaded earlier was not the most current. This is now remedied and I have been assured that the correct (and working) version is active from the link I posted above.

insane

Ahhh thats why I had issues when you emailed them to me.

Nice work and I will be posting how they are working out.

CF Tech

Administrator
If you have already attempted to install the 32-bit drivers, it may take some fiddling with Windows to convince it to ignore those and use the new 64-bit ones.

Gurgel

Hi there

I have a similar problem with x64

@me it only Displays a Device called "USB <-> Serial" and i cannot find ANY Driver that work, not on FTDI Page not here in the Forums!

Has someone a Tip for me please?? Thank u very much!