Win7 64bit CFAH2004ATMIJP

blobbob

Hey guys,
I got soldered my CFAH2004ATMIJP to the LPT Port with the tutorial from this website.
But now it only shows two bars about the whole first and third row.
I have tried to configure CC2 with module type of the HD44780, because I think it's compatible to the SPLC780D, but the display does not react.

please help me:)
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

The two bars of black cells in the first and third rows is the symptom of an uninitialized display. This means you probably have a wiring error, or a port configuration problem, or a software problem.

CF Mark

Administrator
CrystalControl2 doesnt have any 64bit IO support, so this display will not work :(
It probably wont even work under Vista/Win7 32bit.

HD44780's are now very rarely used since most PC's dont have printer ports anymore.
This is the first question asked about supporting one in quite a few years.

blobbob

thank you,

Im now running a virtual xp, but crytsalcontrol2 crashes always if I start it,
Unbenannt.jpg
and CFAH_WinTest takes no effect on all 3 adresses. the Port95nt driver is successful installed.

Last edited:

CF Mark

Administrator
Unlikley :(
Ive never heard of a USB->Parallel port adapter working.

Sorry, but HD44780 support in CC2 just hasnt been maintained/tested for a long time and probably wont be in the future.
Its still in use on some old 95/ME/XP PC's which is the only reason why its still included.