Win 7 installation problems

Sundance

Hi, I have installed CC2 on Win 7, 32. After reboot the programm doesn't start. When I try to start manually I get following message:

Could not start the CC2 service: Could not access the NT service manager

Any hints to get CC2 running under Windows 7?
Thanks
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
Are you logged in as a user with Administrative privileges?
Not being so would cause that error.

Under Win7 i suggest using the "User Tray Application" instead of the "NT Service".

To change to using this, open up the CC2 configuration, select the "General Options" tab, then change the "Run As..." box to "User Tray Application".
It would be a good idea to reboot after doing this.

Please let us know if you have any more problems.

Sundance

Yes, I'm logged in as Administrator.
Under the "General Options" tab I only find

Startup Options
-> Start service with windows
-> Place Icon in startbar tray

Both boxes were checked here.

Sundance

Ok, I installed the newer version and I got this:

Error, Could not install the CrystalControl2 Service!
Please go to the Crystalfontz Internet Forums (www.crystalfontz.com) and report this problem.
Installation will continue, but CrystalControl will not run when completed.

But the program started and I found the blue icon and also "Run as..".
But as I tried to install the first screen, the programm freezed and I had to kill it by the task manager :-(
Next time the Programm didn't start at all and so I deinstalled it, to make a new installation (with the newer version), but now it's the same as before. No "Run as.." is shown and I get again "Could not start the CC2 service: Could not access the NT service manager".

What can I do now?

Sundance

Hm, again uninstalled and installed. Now the right version seems to be installed.
It shows the blue icon and the programm is running.
I have created my first screen, but the display doesn't show anything; only the boot screen disappears as soon as CC2 is running. On shutting down the system I get an error (can't read 0xa3fee083).

CF Mark

Administrator
If the display isnt showing anything, your COM port or baud rate setting must be wrong.
Double check those first.

The current version of CC2 does have a few issues under Win7 (like your shutdown problem), im trying to get them fixed at the moment.
It wont be causing your no display issue though.

Sundance

The display number is CFAH2002A-RMC-JP

My settings are "Crystalfontz 631" at USB Serial Port (COM3) with 115200 Baud, now changed to 19200 but without effects. "Run as.. User Tray Application" is selected.

The USB port must be right because I managed it to create a boot screen with another programm (same port).
As soon as I start CC2 this boot screen disappears and only the backlight remains.

CF Mark

Administrator
If the display is going blank when you start CC2, that is a good sign.
It does mean that CC2 is connected to the display correctly.
The fact that it is blank suggests to me that the displays contrast setting is too low.
Try turning it up, then clicking the "Restart CC2" button.

Algor

Same Problem

That was the problem! Thank You!!
Hello

I have the same problem with Windows 7 64 and cc2 last version.
I have created my first screen, but the display doesn't show anything; only the boot screen disappears as soon as CC2 is running. On shutting down the system I get an error (can't read 0xa3fee083).
My settings are "Crystalfontz 634" at Serial Port (COM1) with 19200 Baud.
Thanks

Algor

CrystalControl2

Can we hope for one day to obtain a software which functions under Windows 7 Pro 64, or must we put l' immediately; bill-poster with the dustbin.
We start to be accustomed to the manufacturers who do not follow l' evolution of Operating Systems.
A lack of serious of their share d' where withdrawal of their material of all the sites of sale.

Ulysses

Can we hope for one day to obtain a software which functions under Windows 7 Pro 64, or must we put l' immediately; bill-poster with the dustbin.
We start to be accustomed to the manufacturers who do not follow l' evolution of Operating Systems.
A lack of serious of their share d' where withdrawal of their material of all the sites of sale.
Algor
I uso Windows 7 ultimate 64
I went into properties file CrystalControl2
and put it in compatibility mode in Windows Vista Service Pack 2
and is working perfectly here

CF Mark

Administrator
I have the same problem with Windows 7 64 and cc2 last version.
I have created my first screen, but the display doesn't show anything; only the boot screen disappears as soon as CC2 is running.My settings are "Crystalfontz 634" at Serial Port (COM1) with 19200 Baud.
Are you sure the 634 is on COM1?
Use the Windows Device Manager to see what COM ports are available, maybe its on one of the others?

On shutting down the system I get an error (can't read 0xa3fee083).
This is a sepearte problem that i am aware of, and wont be effecting the above issue.

Algor

Yes and it works with Windows2000 Sp4.

Now it starts under Windows 7 Pro 64, but I cannot record the screen when it east creates.

The button "save" does not function.

My monitor is a 22 inches broad (1680 x 1050).

Thanks

Last edited:

Algor

Yet and it works correctly under Windows 2000 SP4.

It works correctly with Wintest Ver 2.0.

After modifications indicated higher, it starts under Windows 7 Pro 64 but I cannot safeguard the screen

after l' to have created.

The button "Save" does not function.

Thanks

Algor

Yes and it works correctly under Windows 2000 SP4.

After modifications indicated higher, it starts under Windows 7 Pro 64 but I cannot safeguard

the screen after l' to have created.

My monitor is a 22 inches (1680 x 1050).

Thanks

Algor

Yes and it works correctly under Windows 2000 SP4.

After modifications indicated higher, it starts under Windows 7 Pro 64 but I cannot safeguard

the screen after l' to have created.

My monitor is a 22 inches (1680 x 1050).

Thanks