What would i need?

Dave Dodd

whats would be needed to have an LCD display as part of a DIY pre-amplifier i am bulding, the display would need to show the current volume when adjusted and also the input source selected and possible bass and treble levels when being adjusted, and if possilbe automaticaly revert to a defualt screen when not in use. Basically i dont know where to begin? adjustments will be made using push buttons not rotory controls.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Is there a microcontroller that runs the amp? If so, you could get a logic-level serial version of the CFA-635 and do it all with one unit.

Dave Dodd

No the amp is not controlled by a microcontroller, all controls such as input select and volume work independently from each other using seperate control boards/ciruits in the amp.

Attachments

Dave Dodd

Would something like the image above need a graphical LCD or would a Graph funtion on a non-graphical unit be able to produce this?

You will need a graphic LCD, perhaps something like the CFAG12232D. I don't think a character mode unit would be able to produce graphs with the amount of detail you show.

What kind of control elements do the push buttons connect to? It seems that you will need a micro to put the info on the LCD, so maybe the micro should also control the analog(?) circuit elements, so that there will never be a synchronization issue, and the micro could restore the last settings at power-up. Are you able to program a micro to do this, or do you have another idea?