What size threads on the Drive Bay?

dsegel

I just ordered a drive bay kit for a 634 LCD that I've had for a while. It didn't come with any mounting hardware (was it supposed to?) and I'm having a hard time find the right sized nuts to mount the LCD onto the drive bay and to secure the drive bay itself into my case. It doesn't appear to use the same standard-sized screws that hard drives use.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
Should have come with 4 screws taped to one of the legs of the bracket.

They are 4-40 x 1/4", but longer would be OK.

If you can't find any locally, write support(at)crystalfontz(dot)com (edit to "@" and "." :) )and we will send some to you.

dsegel

Thanks for the quick response. There was nothing taped to the bracket, but 4-40 screws I can find at Radio Shack.

How about the posts that the LCD itself mounts onto? Those are really small - maybe 2-56 or 1-72?

CF Tech

Administrator
The LCD mounting studs are 2-56 "small outline" nuts. You need some spacers too . . . or you can carefully back the LCD with a second stop nut. Without the spacer or stop nut the LCD will press on the overlay or break the PCB.

dsegel

Was the bracket supposed to come with these nuts, spacers, and screws? Mine came with nothing. I managed to get the display itself mounted OK without the spacers by being very careful about how tight the nuts were, but the 4-40 screws I found have heads that are too small; I'll need to put a washer in so they don't slip through the holes in the case.

CF Tech

Administrator
Ya, all that stuff should have been included. Please write support and they will send it out to you.