Weather Retriever

akweb

Here's a nifty little program that will let you retrieve live weather data to a text file and use it in your own applications (for example: display weather data on your LCD). The program can also be setup to save the data to your web server and have your own custom web page read the data.

Here's the link:

http://www.akwebservices.com/weather_retriever

Enjoy!

-AK
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Ferrari355

I only ask Because I don't want to risk it going down if it's running off someones server or something like that.

akweb

(Knock on wood) For as long as I've known, it's never been down.
That's in the past couple years at least.

Ferrari355

Another question can this program run on the parellel printer port or just the USB 634 display?

Also is it best ran on a 4x20 display?

akweb

There is a version available for 16x2 parallel models. Don't have one for a 4-line other than the 634.

Ferrari355

Hey I'm finally conencted back to the net, and I'm trying to use your CFA-634 Weather program.. However nothing is coming up on the screen.. the display lights up and I have the zipe code in but nothing happens, The Weather Retriever program works but not the CFA-634 Weather one.

reider

As an option you could always take a look at the one described in the CC2 plugins folder. Its dedicated to CC2 and works within the main program. I`ve had it working on my 634, 635 and 631 modules.

Steve

akweb

CFA-634 Weather

Ferrari355,

Keep in mind CFA-634 Weather is NOT associated with CC2. It is a stand alone program.

As far as nothing showing up on the display, it could be that you have more than one program that uses the weather dll that gets installed. The version of the DLL could be out of sync. If you search for a file called 'weather.dll', I'd be curious what the date on the file is.

-akweb

Ferrari355

nope this is the only weather program i'm using.

Btw great Support :)

wait a sec..

I have 2 Weather.dll

One in the game folder and one in System32

akweb

OK, try deleting the weather.dll and reinstall the latest version. That should do it. If not, let me know.

-akweb