Video Card temp info..

asphalt

Hi, I have a 634 USB LCD display and was wondering if there is anyway to display videocard temp info. I have a Radeon x800 xt Platinum Edition vid card and in the display properties, it has a section that tells you what the temp of the card is. Just wondered because I also use motherboard monitor to check cpu and MB temps and thinking that maybe there is a way to disply vid temps as well. Thanks.
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
The problem is getting the information out of the video card drivers. It might not be possible.
Do you know of any other software that can read/display your video cards temperature?

asphalt

Affraid not, guess thats why I am posting incase someone may have a sollution either thru third party software or if you guys are planning to add it in your next Crystalfontz software version

PosterChild

I'm also very interested in displaying GPU core temps for both the ATI x800 xt and nVidia 6800 ultra. I believe the third party program RivaTuner (located at http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner) will read / display both ATI and nVidia video card temperatures.

Being an avid overclocker, this is BY FAR the single most important information I would like to display on my Crystalfontz. Please, please, please find a way to do this Mr. CrystalControl Admin!

Thanks!

CF Mark

Administrator
Ok, i will :)

I had the impression that RivatTuner wasnt being developed anymore... looks like i was wrong.

Seebaer

I have done it some weeks ago for my Ati X800 Pro:
You need Atitool 0.0.21 and MB 5.
Atitool: Go right above to settings, choose on top temperature monitoring. Choose alternate both temperatures and configure the temp. to sensor both to Number 3. OK.
MB 5: Go to temperature, configure MBM Sensor to 3, Motherboard Sensor for custom. OK.
CCs: configure display for MB 5 Sensor 3.
Now you can see the GPU Temp on display.
Sorry my english, I´m an old german.

Greetings

Seebaer (engl: seabear)

CF Mark

Administrator
Just to let you guys know...

CrystalControl2 will support RivaTuner reported temps, speeds and voltages.

RivaTuner supports ATI cards also.

Nomad

Just wondering about that CrystalControl2 software. I just bought my first LCD a few days ago and was not aware that there was going to be a new version.

CF Mark

Administrator
CrystalControl2 is in development.
There is no release date set (and probably wont be).
Itll just appear one day for all to download :)

Nomad

Wow. That is not very specific. Is it something that should be expected within the next year - or maybe a week or 2?

Any thoughts of creating a notification form on your site that would allow people to sign up to receive an email when it is released?

reider

It`ll be done when its out. Not been here long? Stick around a year or two, you`ll soon get used to waiting.....

Heh heh!

reider

Nomad said:
Yes, I am new. And after that long - why even bother?
Cos, like it or not we all paid for the hardware. Some of us won`t be buying any more til it appears tho-once bitten twice shy!!! When people see it on my machine and ask why it isn`t on the other four or where they should buy it, I say "Don`t bother, it isn`t well supported yet!"

Steve