Using CC2 to control motorized door on CFA633

msmrodan

Hi, I'm a modder and have completely rebuilt the front bezel of an Antec Lanboy using a CFA-633 among others.

Currently the 633 controls system power on-off, but I would like the up/down buttons to control the motorized door (the upper half of the bezel, which is made of an old cd-rom mechanism and slides up and down.

What I need is to close the circuit for the eject button for about half a second or so, so my guess this could be done by connecting it to one of the fan headers and making the button bring the fan from 0% up to 100% and then back to 0% momentarily.

Any idea/help how I could achieve this?
My programming skills are virtually nil.

Thanks,

Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Mark

Administrator
I think this could be done with CrystalControl2.

What type of motor controls the hatch?
Is it a plain DC motor, or is it a servo?

msmrodan

its a regular PC CD-rom mechanism mounted perpendicularly.

All i need is to close the circuit for the eject button for a short period of time, this triggers the motor operation.

CF Mark

Administrator
Ah i see.
Well that actually makes things more difficult rather than easier.

Youll have to use one of the fan control outputs on the 633, hook that up to a small 12V relay, then connect the switching side of the relay to the eject button.

The only problem is there is no way to set the fan output to 100% and then back to 0% after a certain time with only one keypad press.
It would need two presses, one key to turn the relay on, another to turn it off.

CF Mark

Administrator
CF Tech said:
How about a "Fan to 100" on key press, and a "Fan to 0" on key release?
There is no key release events.
Only "if the key is pressed" and "if the key isnt pressed".

I guess that could still work though.
Just means the 633 would be sent the set fan speed to 0 very often.

msmrodan

Concerning the 12v relay IIRC there was a similar discussion where it was suggested that connecting the switch to the positive and ground pins on the fan header would be enough, without requiring a relay..

CF Mark

Administrator
msmrodan said:
Concerning the 12v relay IIRC there was a similar discussion where it was suggested that connecting the switch to the positive and ground pins on the fan header would be enough, without requiring a relay..
I think you would be very lucky if that did work.
If it didnt, you would probably fry something.

You could do it without a relay, but it would require looking through the circuit of the cdrom drive to see how it monitors the button and then replicating it.

A relay would be the quickest & safest way.