usb display?

Ferrari355

I have a CF display that I got about 5 years ago and it seems to be serial with a usb board on the back.. is it possible to use this as a serial display?
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

Ferrari355

It's model

SKD204-634 V2.2

I just also wanted to say this display almost ran 24/7 for the past 6 years with no issues at all which is great. I plan on getting another one soon in yellow/green.

Also can you use the display for something that connects to a parallel interface?

Attachments

Last edited:

CF Support2

Administrator
Parallel interface = no go

Shoot me a PM and I'll get you the process to convert it to a serial module again. It will most likely be a one way process from USB to serial.

CF Support2

Administrator
The "TFB" and "YFB" both have the same positive FSTN LCD. The white LEDs will dim over time and have a much shorter lifetime than the yellow-green.

And everyone should have more than one display ;)

Ferrari355

The "TFB" and "YFB" both have the same positive FSTN LCD. The white LEDs will dim over time and have a much shorter lifetime than the yellow-green.

And everyone should have more than one display ;)
One question is Yellow-green visible during the daytime? While it will be in the car while driving the sun may shine on it or be bright enough to maybe wash out the display?

CF Support2

Administrator
The postive FSTN glass in the YFB and TFB is recommended for use in sunlight. The only time you'll need the backlight is at night. With the backlight off, the two displays are identical.

One question is Yellow-green visible during the daytime? While it will be in the car while driving the sun may shine on it or be bright enough to maybe wash out the display?