USB 634 Serial port

d0ug

Is the serial connector on the USB version of the 634 still usable? The current application i may use this with would use serial, but having the option of upgrading to usb sometime in the future when you cant buy anything besides non-legacy motherboards would be nice.

If not, have you thought of making a small addon daughterboard that can be purchased seperately and added to the serial versions of the 634 to allow them to support usb
Looking for additional LCD resources? Check out our LCD blog for the latest developments in LCD technology.

CF Tech

Administrator
The USB board is not intended to be removed once it is installed, and once it is installed the RS-232 connector is disabled.

I guess you could cut it off, but that would likely break the USB board, the LCD or both :(

Since it requires soldering and testing, we do not offer the USB board separately.

USB LCD Displays - Graphic and Character LCDs with a Keypad

d0ug

If i were to desolder the usb board, would RS-232 be reenabled, or do the display's with USB ports have a seperate firmware that disables the RS-232

CF Tech said:
The USB board is not intended to be removed once it is installed, and once it is installed the RS-232 connector is disabled.

I guess you could cut it off, but that would likely break the USB board, the LCD or both :(

Since it requires soldering and testing, we do not offer the USB board separately.

CF Tech

Administrator
The firmware is the same on the USB and serial modules.

To re-enable serial on a USB unit, you would have to remove the USB board (which will void your warranty and can very likely damage the LCD's PCB) then open JPE and JPB.